• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

AJC:Owners:Belkin will fire workers

WraithSentinel

Well if Belkin gets the team I'm sure he'll end up making a profit one way or the other. I do think he really wants to own an NBA franchise though...and therefore he doesn't want to own a loser...so I would guess he'll spend to the cap and try to win.

Just because he's smart enough to hornswaggle the other spirit owners doesn't mean he doesn't want to own a winner.

Its been stated many times over that its Belkins lifelong dream to own and run an NBA team..If Belkin was only in it for the money there are easier ways to make a buck..Belkin seems to have a gigantic ego which may be a good thing..He will want to show the world how smart he is by winning..

• Premium Member

No, I'm not saying that there's no love for basketball. I think he wants the power and just like a fantasy owner, he wants to be involved. BUT based on his previous actions, I think he looks at the business side of things first and foremost. Foremost meaning that if he has to spend 70 million on JJ, he's not going to do it EVEN if JJ is the best player for the team.

Quote:

...Foremost meaning that if he has to spend 70 million on JJ, he's not going to do it EVEN if JJ is the best player for the team.

This has been hashed and re-hashed so we might as well get it right. Belkin APPROVED the move to offer $70m to JJ. Belkin only balked at the Diaw/2 draft pick part. Everybody calls him cheap because that's what the rest of the spirit group has sold in the media.

"Belkin did not respond to a request for comment late Thursday"..

He was too busy drinking the blood of a cute puppy..Later in the day he foreclosed on the homes of some elderly folks, then he stopped to make fun of a guy in a wheelchair..He capped his day off by pulling over and offering a homeless man some food but squealed away laughing before the poor guy could get to his car...Bad bad man.....

• Moderators

Quote:

This has been hashed and re-hashed so we might as well get it right. Belkin APPROVED the move to offer $70m to JJ. Belkin only balked at the Diaw/2 draft pick part. Everybody calls him cheap because that's what the rest of the spirit group has sold in the media.

I am willing to spend money too. I authorized my wife to spend 20,000 on her anniversary gift as long as she could be a brand new lamberghini for the price. Strangely enough, even though I am such a big spender that I authorized her to spend 20K on herself, she hasn't been able to spend that money yet. Go figure!

Note that Belkin also tried to Nix money for Thrashers signings last offseason. I haven't seen anything indicating this guy wants to spend to improve the team, and I have seen a lot that makes that statement very suspect, IMO.

However, the proof will be in the pudding if he ends up owning the team and if that happens I hope I am wrong.

Quote:

You know Belkin did foreclose on the land of some elderly people?

Up in Weston Mass...

That wouldn't surprise if me Belkin did do that. You will find that some of the very rich are just like sharks, heartless, amoral even. They become blinded by greed and the quest for money and power, to the point where they can become vicious and uncaring of all else- including other people.

Minnesota Twins owner Carl Pohlad got his start in life by foreclosing on family farms during the Great Depression. He was trafficking in human misery, profiting by it- and that made him an extremely wealthy man. Go figure....