DJlaysitup

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

You have to realize that trading down is a two way street. You can't just go into the draft and say "Well, I'm going to trade down." So far, the word from the Hawks says they haven't gotten any offers for the 5th pick. They also aren't going to trade the pick for less than market value.

IMO I don't think the pick should be traded unless it is a deal we just couldn't refuse. Sheldon is worth a #5 pick and IMO the #1 pick because he can come in to a franchise that has chnged the entire roster and add immediate contribution.

I don't think BK is going to take the chance of trading down and losing Sheldon.

I think Justin Williams may have dropped off the radar when he measured 6'8 instead of 6'10. I'm thinkin Diesel may be right with Pittsnoggle. I feel adding a dependable pick-n-pop guy like that would add yet another element to JJ's game. If not Pittsnoggle, I'd be completely fine with Blaylock, Diaz or Gibson.

• Premium Member

You keep making the mistake of mixing an off the court thing like attitude with an on court thing like Chemistry.

Francis was the same person off the court when he played beside Catino Mobley and they had very good chemistry on the court. Off the court problems don't have to affect on the court. Shaq and Kobe had OFF THE COURT Problemsthrough 3 championships. Rodman's off the court adventures didn't stop the Bulls from winning three championships.

Chemistry is different.

I would think that Francis and JJ would have damn good chemistry (same goes for Iverson/JJ).. the reason being is that JJ is strongest in those areas where Francis is weak and Francis is strongest in those areas where JJ is weak.

So don't tell me that Chemistry is bad when obviously, Chemistry on the court is the greatest benefit for the mix.

• Premium Member

Blalock - I see no difference between he and Ivey. Same with Dockery.

Diaz - He's not skilled in any of the PG things. He's just a short OG.

Gibson - Now you might have something.

Pittsnoggle. This guy is going to be better than he's showing. If he makes it to the 2nd round, he's a 6'10 247 lber who can shoot. IF you want the next Dirk... this is the guy!

• Admin

look at it from the Billy Knight perspective though. He seems to be a very "attitude" conscious GM, much like Babcock. Meaning he tends to avoid guys who have questionable attitudes or character. Francis also doesn't play a lick of defense. Which would be another BK strike against him.

Otherwise, I think he's a guy that BK would go for. He's well sized for his position, can score in a variety of ways and can handle the ball. From that perspective, he would be a perfect mate for JJ. But bring the above factors in and I don't think BK would be interested.

I know he'll never be a real distributor. I'm not so sure that we really need one with JJ. On the other hand, he could start from day 1 and be a big improvement over ivey, and would be masterful on the break with the young guys. That would be tremendous for a 2nd rounder. A guy like Pittsnoggle would get 10 minutes a night or something.

• Premium Member

Well, that's the other thing.. He's not that great of a defender either. He's just athletic. That's it.

Diaz is William Avery without the speed. He's a combo guard who does nothing but score. He's not strong like Francis. He's not a good shooter like Terry. I might go down as the next Avery. I would much rather go out and find Easy Ed Cota, William Avery, Torris Bright, and Terrell McIntyre and give those guys 10 day contracts (1 playter at a time) to last the whole season instead of wasting a second rounder on Diaz.

Give me Pittsnoggle.

• Premium Member

Well, our problems... on defense with PGs in particular has been that guys just blow right past Ivey, Lue, Chillz, and JJ. I don't need Iverso to get 3 spg.. but it would be nice. I just need him to stay in front of his man and force the ball out of his hands. Our problems on defense start with the fact that a PG never has to lose his dribble playing in Atlanta. That's a playground dream for most players.

H E L L to Francis, I would rather have AI on this team than him.

The Hawks can began to say goodbye to half of their fans if they do draft Sheldon. 2 Years in a row of bad picks turns fans off now bring them to the arena. I hope Belkin get's the team and fires Knight because Knight is an idiot.

• Premium Member

Attitude is something to be concerned with... especially considering BK. However, BK did sit by and was a part of a trade that sent Bibby to Sactown for Jason Williams.

Quote:

In Williams, the Grizzlies got an exciting, flashy, marketable player, who can help boost fan interest to coincide with their location transfer. Then Grizzlies general manager Billy Knight described Williams as a high-energy player who will push the ball up the floor to generate a more up-tempo Grizzlies offense. They knew they were taking a risk on the 25 year old guard, but increasing interest from their new market was more or less a given with their flashy point guard.

Unlike Spreewell, I think BK would consider Francis... Would he take him?? It really depends. It depends on who we draft and it depends on how Woody feels about our PGs. Best believe however that Francis is definitely a good chemistry fit on the court.