• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bargnani videos

exodus

Quote:

If the Raps are set on picking Bargnani then why are they trying so hard to trade down?

click

Remember that they are one of the worst rebounding teams in the league and rebounding is one of Bargnani's weaknesses.

If Bargnani is a weak rebounder how does he fit with the Hawks? The Raps at least have Bosh who is one of the better rebounders in the league. The Hawks have nothing close to him unless Smoove or Marvin matures into that role.

I just don't see how Bargnani fits with the Hawks.

I haven't seen enough of him to know his game. My point is that there is a legit chance that he falls to us and if he does he will probably be the pick.

And his weakness in rebounding seems to be a matter of positioning/boxing out, which is a problem for a lot of young players.

There really isn't anyone at the top of the draft who is a perfect fit here. If they really want guys who fit the 1 and 5 they could trade down with NOK for the 12th and 15th picks and take Sene and a pg.

Plus, if they wanted to trade down, they could have made a deal by now. They haven't seen anyone offer enough that would convince them to trade the pick though. They even nixed the potential Brevin Knight and the 3rd pick for the 1st and Alvin Williams.

Quote:

Because he's an athletic big man that can run the floor.

But that's not the point. The point is that he has absolutely no chance of falling to us. The fact that some people are disputing this is ridiculous. The Toronto Raptors just signed the guy's manager. He has been a cosensus top 3 pick for quite some time and has done nothing to lower his stock.

Quote:

Quote:

Because he's an athletic big man that can run the floor.

But that's not the point. The point is that he has absolutely no chance of falling to us. The fact that some people are disputing this is ridiculous. The Toronto Raptors just signed the guy's manager. He has been a cosensus top 3 pick for quite some time and has done nothing to lower his stock.

But is he better then Marvin or Josh? That is the question. No point in drafting him if he can't beat out either of those guys.

Quote:

Quote:

But is he better then Marvin or Josh? That is the question. No point in drafting him if he can't beat out either of those guys.

Ummm hello? Zaza Pachulia. He would be better than Zaza from day one. But it's really pointless to talk about because of how high his stock is

Center is far from his natural position though. If the Hawks did draft him with the intent of running him at center then the interior defense will continue to struggle for the next several years.

Quote:

Center is far from his natural position though. If the Hawks did draft him with the intent of running him at center then the interior defense will continue to struggle for the next several years.

So you're denying the fact that he's better than Zaza Pachulia in every aspect of the game?

Quote:

Does it matter. The real point is does he make the team better. Since he does not help the teams clear deficiencies then I am not sure how he helps the team become a winner.

The reason it doesn't matter is because he has no chance of falling.

But would he make the team better? Yes because of the simple fact that we would have an upgrade at the Center position particularly on the offensive side of the ball. You can improve a team even being a defensive liability if you are an offensive juggernaut. There are several examples of defensive liabilities in the NBA that help their teams win more games. Hell one of these guys just won back to back league MVPs.

But like I said, discussing Bargnani is absolutely pointless right now because he's a lock to be gone when we pick. It's all hypothetical at this point.