• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What scare me about Foye

coachx

I agree that Foye is a baller. If it was 1 on 1, or 3 on 3 he is the man.

What scares me about him is that he played in such a strange system at Villanova. The system is very care free and undisciplined when you compare it to other college philosophies.

They alwayse played 4 guards in a wide open system. The style of play and transition to a more standard style could be real hard for him.

I know his wide open game and one on one skills turns alot of you on. I appreciate his talent too. However, I am just a little worried when it comes to the transition time of him fitting in on an NBA offense. He reminds me of Stroudamire, to a degree, with his shoot 1st mentality. Granted he is a better athelete, bigger, and better defensively the Stroudamire it is the mind set that is similar to me.

I can see him jacking up ill advised shots. This will cause guys like J. Smith to get selfish too. I just don't want a shoot 1st mentality to rub off on the team that showed so much unselfishness and team chemistry toward the end of the season. The whole point of starting Ivey was that he was not selfish and would distribute the ball. I don't see Foye being that kind of player.

What I like about him the most is his bull like defensive stopper attitude. He is what we need to guard PG's. But don't we need inside muscle more ?

So it is simple. Do you think we need more perimeter scoring and defense or...... more inside defense and rebounding ?

Quote:

What scares me about him is that he played in such a strange system at Villanova. The system is very care free and undisciplined when you compare it to other college philosophies.

They alwayse played 4 guards in a wide open system. The style of play and transition to a more standard style could be real hard for him.

I know his wide open game and one on one skills turns alot of you on. I appreciate his talent too. However, I am just a little worried when it comes to the transition time of him fitting in on an NBA offense. He reminds me of Stroudamire to degree with his shoot 1st mentality. Granted he is a better athelete, bigger, and better defensively the Stroudamire it is the mind set that is similarto me.

I can see him jacking up ill advised shots. This will cause guys like J. Smith to get selfish too. I just don't want a shoot 1st mentality to rub off onthe team that showed so much unselfishness and tema chemistry toward the end of the season. The whole point of starting Ivey was that he was not selfish and would distribute the ball. I don't see Foye being that kind of player.

What I like about him the most is his bull like defensive stopper attitude. He is what we need to guard PG's. But don't we need inside muscle more ?

So it is simple. Do you think we need more perimeter scoring and defense or...... more inside defense and rebounding ?

Since Coach Woodson doesn't seem to have an offensive plan other then to tell JJ or Al to shoot, Foye's experience with a wide open system is a plus for the hawks.

Quote:

Quote:

I know his wide open game and one on one skills turns alot of you on. I appreciate his talent too. However, I am just a little worried when it comes to the transition time of him fitting in on an NBA offense. He reminds me of Stroudamire to degree with his shoot 1st mentality. Granted he is a better athelete, bigger, and better defensively the Stroudamire it is the mind set that is similarto me.

I can see him jacking up ill advised shots. This will cause guys like J. Smith to get selfish too. I just don't want a shoot 1st mentality to rub off onthe team that showed so much unselfishness and tema chemistry toward the end of the season. The whole point of starting Ivey was that he was not selfish and would distribute the ball. I don't see Foye being that kind of player.

Since Coach Woodson doesn't seem to have an offensive plan other then to tell JJ or Al to shoot, Foye's experience with a wide open system is a plus for the hawks.

(Unfortunately) A-M-E-N ! ! !

• Premium Member

that won't happen, do you really think a rookie would come in and start jacking up shots?

I really think Foye compares well with Wade. I don't think he'll be THAT good, but both were big combo guards with an unlimited amount of moves that could really score. Neither were great passers. Foye is also known as a lockdown defender.