• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Randy Foye & Brandon Roy Vs. Salim Stoudamire

Rexhawk

I want to ask everyone this question. If Salim was in this draft, would he have been picked higher than Foye or Roy.

Due to this draft being weak, I think that Foye and Roy are overrated and would have gone in the second round if they were in last year's draft. My point is that Salim was a better and more productive guard at Arizona than Foye at Villanova or Roy at Washington. Salim would have been a mid first rounder last year if he did not have the character concerns. Please dont allow this draft cloud your judgement of talent. Foye nor Roy would have taken minutes away from Salim on this team.

There's no way that either of those guys would have dropped to the second round with last year's group of players based on what they showed this year. Also, while Salim is a great gunner off the bench, he hasn't shown the ability to play any semblance of defense, handle the ball proficiently or create for others. His character concerns definitely hurt him, but that isn't the only reason he dropped to the second round.

• Premium Member

about the players being overrated is definitely true. Not Roy so much as Foye. These guys are definitely overrated and would not have been in the lottery last year. Maybe not in the midround last year. They can not stand up to Deron, Paul, and Felton and like I said earlier, give me Gilchrist against these guys as PGs and I like my chances.

The truth is that the only reason these guys are mentioned so often and so loudly is because they were in the draft this year.

I remember last year after the draft, there being a lot of talk about us not getting ROKO UKIC... Where is that talk now? I suppose the same will be true next year.

i would not have objected to picking foye or roy, but i didn't oppose picking williams either. the hawks could only make one bad choice at that spot and that would have been choosing gay. foye, roy, williams, or m. williams all good picks.

btw salim is an assassin, i don't think i would say the same about foye or roy

Quote:

about the players being overrated is definitely true. Not Roy so much as Foye. These guys are definitely overrated and would not have been in the lottery last year. Maybe not in the midround last year. They can not stand up to Deron, Paul, and Felton

I have to agree with you Diesel. I don't get all the hype on Foye being a scorer that only shoots 40% in college!!!! That's a real problem for me, becuase I think the speed, athletisicm, and size of the NBA will cause your shooting % to drop those 1st couple of years. Foye's FG% can't drop anymore without him becoming a problem. People compare him to a more athletic Chauncey Billups. That's prolly true. But Chauncey seems to be a much better point guard and a better shooter. I've read a lot about Foye and all his hardships so I am pulling for him. But I really think he may be the next DeJaun Wagner (with very good D)...an undersized, athletic 2, that has such terrible shoot selection that it negates his shooting ability.