• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Possible Starting Point Guards Via Trade/FA

jezmund

Quote:

1. Jay Williams- I don't care what Billy Knight said at the season ticket holder's meeting. If he was that banged up he wouldn't be working out for all those teams. Personally I think BK & Bernie were talking about the early part of 2005 when Jay Williams worked out for the team. He did sprain his leg a week ago during a workout for some team.

2. Jason Terry- It won't happen but still it would be nice.

Why would you want to pass up perfectly health pg for an injured one who was only avg at 100%. It isn't if he was Chris Paul before the accident. Even after he gets healthy (if) he still has to learn to play the NBA game.

The best pick for this team is Mike James. Period.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You would certainly think that a quality PG would LOVE to come to the Hawks. It's a pretty talented and reasonably unselfish group. Plus, a 'shoot 2nd' guy who could control the offense and penetrate and dish could rack up 10+ assists routinely.

I realize it's all about the money, but a guy like Andre Miller would have a field day here (IMHO).

7-8 million for a point guard that avg 20/5.5, can handle the rock and defend...I think it is damn fair. He also has some size at 6'2. He also gets to the freethrow line, which is something that none of our guards could do with consistency...not even JJ.

Don't base any analysis of Mike James based upon Toronto papers or fans. They are so far up CB4's azz that if Michael Jordon was on the team they'd complain that he took shots away.

So tell me this, where did Mike James come from all of a sudden? You don't think his #'s came from the fact that he took an abundance of shots (Didn't he shoot a pretty bad percentage?, I could be wrong) and his team was awful. He sounds like a Stephon Marbury-Steve Francis statstuffer to me.

Who do you want Speedy Claxton? He doesn't want a short point guard, nor does he want a "pure distributor". He basically wants a guy who can shoot, bring the ball up past half court and run the offense through JJ.

Mike James would have a field day getting drives and kicks and vice versa.

The same place that Chauncey Billups came from all of a sudden. Sometimes people have career epiphanys. You just don't score 20ppg in the NBA willy nilly.

Keep in mind that he is the only player in Raptors history to score 4 consecutive 30 pt games. Vince Carter never even did that.

And he didn't shoot a bad percentage either. He shot 47% from the field and 44% from 3 which was 4th in the league.

• Moderators

Quote:

Good, then the cheaper for us. They will miss us when they see Jose Calderon stumbling around the court next year.

Isn't your favorite PG prospect this year a FA now? Have you heard whether he is planning to join someone for a summer league? I would be interested in giving him a shot to make the roster.

• Moderators

Quote:

haha, good point. Barea I assume?

I was serious about being interested in seeing Barea given a chance on our summer team. No risk and he is clearly more of a playmaker than Ivey coming out of college.

Quote:

I was serious about being interested in seeing Barea given a chance on our summer team. No risk and he is clearly more of a playmaker than Ivey coming out of college.

Now that we have picked up Ivey's option I don't see us taking a flyer on any of the undrafted PGs.