• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Possible Starting Point Guards Via Trade/FA

jezmund

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I was serious about being interested in seeing Barea given a chance on our summer team. No risk and he is clearly more of a playmaker than Ivey coming out of college.

Now that we have picked up Ivey's option I don't see us taking a flyer on any of the undrafted PGs.

What is the downside? I am not a believer in Ivey being a long-term part of this team and bringing in someone to work out with the team for next to nothing doesn't represent a flyer, IMO. The only real cost is the opportunity cost of not inviting someone else for the team. However, we clearly need to use some of those spots for potential PGs, IMO. Why not Barea?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, we could have someone on our summer league team, but would we have 5 PGs on our roster during the season?

Ivey

Lue

Salim

Alleged veteran pickup

Berea

Signing Ivey signaled that we have no intention of looking at people like Berea very seriously.

• Moderators

Quote:

Sure, we could have someone on our summer league team, but would we have 5 PGs on our roster during the season?

Ivey

Lue

Salim

Alleged veteran pickup

Berea

Signing Ivey signaled that we have no intention of looking at people like Berea very seriously.

Why in the world would Tyronne Lue and a veteran FA signing play for our summer team? In fact, I think it was already said that Ivey wouldn't play for the summer team.

You don't need to sign the guy to a deal for anything but the summer league. If he pans out, you win. If he doesn't, what did it cost?

Quote:

...You don't need to sign the guy to a deal for anything but the summer league. If he pans out, you win. If he doesn't, what did it cost?

Yeah AHF...it's a no-lose situation. Plus, if we did like him enough to sign him, we could still send him to the D league for a year to see how he does.

Apparently BK isn't interested in smaller PGs though, so I doubt that it will happen. Hopefully another team will give the kid a chance.

• Moderators

Quote:

Apparently BK isn't interested in smaller PGs though, so I doubt that it will happen. Hopefully another team will give the kid a chance.

From what I have read about BK's comments, he doesn't seem like a good fit with what BK wants based on his size or his need to control the ball (at least according to Draft Express).

Quote:

Quote:

Ivey

Lue

Salim

Alleged veteran pickup

Berea

Why in the world would Tyronne Lue and a veteran FA signing play for our summer team? In fact, I think it was already said that Ivey wouldn't play for the summer team.

You don't need to sign the guy to a deal for anything but the summer league. If he pans out, you win. If he doesn't, what did it cost?

You just misunderstood me. We can put anyone on our summer team that we want. The circumstances indicate that we are not taking a serious look at any undrafted PGs, though. If we had not resigned Ivey that would change the circumstances considerably.

Quote:

...he doesn't seem like a good fit with what BK wants based on his size or his need to control the ball (at least according to Draft Express).

Funny...I can sort of understand BK's preference - but what he doesn't want is pretty much exactly what TLue is. Makes one wonder.

Quote:

Funny...I can sort of understand BK's preference - but what he doesn't want is pretty much exactly what TLue is. Makes one wonder.

It's not a knock on Lue per se, but he wants a change of pace PG, sort of like NFL running backs that keep the defense honest. He wants an alternative to Lue, not a facsimile of Lue.