• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

ESPN Cold Hard Facts: Hawks with the best draft

Admin

Doug Gottlieb just said on Cold Hard Facts that we had the best draft because we made the most intelligent pick, someone that will start for us for the next 10 years. Imagine that, he didnt say we should have traded down to get him either.

FYI, I'm not sure if you are aware but this is a hawks' fan board.

Why shouldn't he post one of the guys who praise us?

No matter who we would have picked, we would have been mostly bashed because that's what the media at large does. Kick you while you're down, kiss your ass when you're on top.

Quote:

Quote:

I wish that Gottlieb had a more intelligent response as to why it was a good pick for us. It's as if no other team drafted a player with the intent to have that player start for them for 10+ years.

Why is he such a wrong pick when he fills the most glaring 2 needs of the team?

The only bad thing about the Sheldon pick is that it forces one of the other talented young forwards to the bench.

As a fan, it can be hard to rationalize having 5 first round picks be forwards because you know the team will ultimately have to trade one or two of them to balance off the roster. That means one of the guys you start rooting for is going to go. For example, the development smoove showed last year really makes me look forward to seeing how he develops over his career. Problem is, he may have to be traded to get a legit starting point guard. For me, that is the hardest part.

In this internet age, players are over-exposed with dozens of sites talking about how much upside a player has. The hype is so thick you couldn't cut it with a chain saw and most of it is who will be the next D Wade. But Wade wouldn't have put up the numbers he did without Haslem who did the dirty work so Wade could do his thing. And that will be a big part of Shelden's job.

Everybody gets caught up in how 'sexy' a player is and what happens in the trenches is overlooked. I love both of our picks because of this very fact. We've got to get tougher and S. Williams can do the job.

Quote:

In this internet age, players are over-exposed with dozens of sites talking about how much upside a player has. The hype is so thick you couldn't cut it with a chain saw and most of it is who will be the next D Wade. But Wade wouldn't have put up the numbers he did without Haslem who did the dirty work so Wade could do his thing. And that will be a big part of Shelden's job.

Everybody gets caught up in how 'sexy' a player is and what happens in the trenches is overlooked. I love both of our picks because of this very fact. We've got to get tougher and S. Williams can do the job.

Odd that you used the word 'trenches.' I was just thinking that Fivehead is "the kind of player you can go to war with."

Quote:

he meant 10 years not because noone else could be in the league 10 years but basically saying it's a norisk pick, that you're going to get a good solid player in this league.

I hate Duke as much as anyone else on this forum, and I am *excited* about Shelden. He is going to BRING IT!