Diesel

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I said BK had the green light to spend as much as he wants up to the cap and that if he doesn't it's because he can't find the right guy at the right price, not because he's not allowed to.

Yeah Las...problem is...if he were no allowed to spend, this is the spin he'd probably put on it anyway, so it's still a valid question. The proof will be in the pudding.

Obviously BK isn't going to come out in the media and say that the owners have forced a spending freeze due to their legal quagmire.

What diesel said is pretty accurate the second time around:

Quote:

He said that we don't need a guy who's going to sit on the ball. We need a guy who can score and push the pace..

Basically a guy who won't dominate the ball and can run the break. I didn't really notice an emphasis on scoring. Pretty much confirmed what we expected, we don't need a pure distributor.

Honestly I can understand you thinking that, but having met them in person he's said time and time agin that if there's one thing he'll promise it's that he'd never lie, and would give it to us straight. I think he would dodge the question, not lie about it. But I understand skepticism.

This interview is kind of weirding me out. 90% of the questions are straight from the BK/Bernie meeting. Very weird.

• Admin

They, meaning all the 790 people, like to harp on that. Which is my problem with the station that is supposedly the "official sports talk station of the Hawks". Basically, none of their guys apart from Hometeam are really hawks fans. Some of them have season tickets. But based on what they say, you know that they don't follow the team, especially on any thoughtful level. Hometeam is really the only one that I've ever heard there who speaking thoughtfully about the team and takes into account various situations. The rest of them, especially Chernoff and some of the morning guys, just look for stories and drag them as far as they can.

• Premium Member

BK says none of the trade down made sense for us. You don't go into the draft day looking to do something that might not be possible when it's your time to pick.

The promise.

If you like this player and are sure about this player.

I like this girl that I have...