• Raised $390 of $700 target

Never thought about 3 point plays.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Leak:

Chillz, MW, and Shelden

vs.

Deng, Paul, and Roy.

In essence, Leak says "I'm a season ticket holder and can you wholeheartedly say you pick Chillz, MW, and Shelden over Deng, Paul, and Roy." He said it with a lot of intensity... I think he's pissed with BK...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

is why take on guaranteed salary for a guy that you don't really want or anticipate playing. So while everyone is moaning and groaining and bitching that he could have traded dwon and picked up a marginal bench player, they don't take into consideration that he didnt' want to be stuck paying a guy that we weren't likely to play much.

That's pretty much where it's at. Portland gave up Viktor Krappa to move up from #4 to #2, I mean we aren't talking world beaters here.

• Premium Member

That's what it felt like between calls.

I think there was some disdain for BK in the room because I think they see him as being arrogant and this was their chance to spout off..

Dimino especially had some piercing commentation that really doesn't matter..

Like the "I know more than you do " comment. Dimino went back to that at least 2 times... IN the end, what does it matter??

I understand what Leak is trying to say with the valuation of our drafts, but again.. what's the point. Do you really think BK is going to break down and say " I made mistakes"... Any GM who would would have to resign immediately.

Yeti - I thought it was a fair interview. They were direct and up front without insulting him. He was less defensive than usual, and opened up more than I expected. Hopefully a good "first step" for a the way of communication between BK and the fans. If Dimino can earn his trust (he is pretty darn good at that) we might finally have a medium where we get to hear from the horse's mouth.

Solid interview from both sides.

I like what BK said but i felt they hosts should have talked more about possible free agents or the team in general than the fan cr.ap and all the pissiness..act like you know something about basketball and ask good questions rather than play fantasy basketball and ask if these three players would be better than these three players..

that was a stupid question.

Maybe so, but most fans listening to that show aren't as immersed as squawkers in the daily analysis of the team and what the nexts steps may be. Most of Atlanta just nows that Billy is a ja(ka$$. They gave him a chance to address his PR issues, which are a HUGE problem for him.

I thought he handled it well, I thought they handled it well.

Do you really think BK's gonna give out a ton of info on what his intentions are?

Quote:

...I think there was some disdain for BK in the room because I think they see him as being arrogant and this was their chance to spout off..

Dimino especially had some piercing commentation that really doesn't matter...

That's part of the problem with the local sports media. They finally get BK to show his face after the draft and instead of talking about the future for the team they have to re-tread old ground and try to settle scores. It's a vicious cycle. BK expresses disdain for the media - so the media gets all hurt and tries to get back at him. We as fans don't get all the information we would like to have and now we probably won't hear from BK for another 6 months or so.

But there was so little basketball being talked. I wasn't so upset with the tone, but the topics. It is so rare to get BK on the air that I was hoping for more news like - what's up with David Anderson? what are they doing this summer for the young guys? what's the real story on the cap and his ability to sign FAs? what does he think of the new ball? what kind of style are we going for - Detroit, Phoenix, something else? what surprised him in the draft? looking a head what college/high school players impress him? etc.

enquiring minds want to know ...

Quote:

I like what BK said but i felt they hosts should have talked more about possible free agents or the team in general than the fan cr.ap and all the pissiness..act like you know something about basketball and ask good questions rather than play fantasy basketball and ask if these three players would be better than these three players..

that was a stupid question.

Any fan can make intelligent draft decisions after the fact. I think BK's selections have help up pretty well so far.

yup. Not to mention that those scenarios don't hold up. If you take Paul, you have a better record, and you don't have a shot at Roy. Hell you might have to give your pick to Phoenix, who knows. Or you might not even get JJ. It's too easy to look back and pretend we always pick the best guy yet stay bad to get a great pick the next year. It doesn't work like that.

• Premium Member

All I came away with was:

1. We need a PG and BK says we'll see what we can do.

2. There was some type of altercation between Stoudamire and Woody.

3. There was some type of altercation between Smoove and Woody.

4. BK is happy with Woody on the premise that he has to play with the team that BK gave him.

5. Josh Smith, Marvin, Shelden, and JJ are just about untradable.

The rest of it.. was not really that important.