• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Royal Ivey retained, Donta Smith probably gone

jezmund

Well Donta getting the axe is likely good news for MW/JS/Chillz. At least it means they aren't going to use Donta as a backup after trading one or more of them.

Donta won't hurtin though...some other team will likely pick him up and he will be next year's most improved player.

Quote:

Doesn't matter if he does, we have no use for him. I think Donta can have a career in the NBA. He'll probably never start, but he can contribute

What do you mean it doesn't matter? Our success should be based STRONGLY on how our ex-players do in other systems, with other coaches, with other players, in different situations, in different stages of their careers. That is the most important criteria to use when judging the Hawks!

Quote:

...What do you mean it doesn't matter? Our success should be based STRONGLY on how our ex-players do in other systems, with other coaches, with other players, in different situations, in different stages of their careers. That is the most important criteria to use when judging the Hawks!

Right you are Doc Z. Gives us more to complain about.

Quote:

Yeah FQ - makes sense that they'd keep him as a desparation guard, just in case something bad happens. I can't imagine him seeing many minutes this next year.

But hey! Riding the pine in the nba is good work if you can get it. Beats landscaping :-)

One things pretty clear... Royal Ivey doesn't belong in the NBA. He got minutes and often wasn't very productive. Just because he's better on defense than Tyrone Lue doesn't mean he should be in the NBA.

Quote:

One things pretty clear... Royal Ivey doesn't belong in the NBA. He got minutes and often wasn't very productive. Just because he's better on defense than Tyrone Lue doesn't mean he should be in the NBA.

It would seem so, but Ivey is at the top of the league in fewest turnovers per 48 minutes. His assist to turnover ratio is like 3.38:1, also at the top of the league.

Quote:

Well Donta getting the axe is likely good news for MW/JS/Chillz.

I don't know why anyone thought their jobs were in jeopardy anyway. It has been made very clear that these young guys are the corp of the team along with JJ and Salim. People keep making all this speculation on trading when our front office has strongly suggested these players are our future.

As far John Edwards and Estaban Batista, Ty Lue, etc. Well those guys will be on their way out in the next couple of years as we add better depth.

This probably closes the door on us going after Jay Williams. The PG rotation will be someone like Claxton or Bobby Jackson,Tyronn Lue & Royal Ivey. I would have rather them gave Anthony Grundy a contract. I am not a Royal Ivey fan.

IF his leg's dragged on the floor when he walks then why was he working out for all these teams a few weeks ago? Did you read the article Draft Express had with him a Marcus Williams working out together? They didn't make any mention of his leg's being in bad shape. The real reason is Billy Knight just doesn't want to pay him what he is asking. He is better than Lue and Royal Ivey.