• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Xtra 570 reports S&T for Al Harrington in the bag

herschel4heisman

I have to agree. I'm one of the biggest BK supporters out there and if he can't even acquire a starting caliber player for Harrington, I'll be extremely disappointed.

*After looking at the Trade checker, there is no way that this is the deal. Mihm/McKie/Cook's salary don't equal what Harrington will be commanding and the Lakers can't take back more salary then they give, being over the cap.

Quote:

I have to agree. I'm one of the biggest BK supporters out there and if he can't even acquire a starting caliber player for Harrington, I'll be extremely disappointed.

*After looking at the Trade checker, there is no way that this is the deal. Mihm/McKie/Cook's salary don't equal what Harrington will be commanding and the Lakers can't take back more salary then they give, being over the cap.

That is a huge relief. If we trade Al we better get equal value back. I mean someone that can really help this team and not a few scrubs.

I like Chris Mihm better than most people on this board seem to. I know he's not great, but he's an athletic, starting-caliber center. He's a much better defender and rebounder than Harrington, plus he can score a little bit and hit his free throws, and he's still young and only makes $4 million a year.

Here's what John Hollinger had to say about Mihm before last season:

"Now that he's entrenched in the middle Mihm has blossomed into a quality center. It took a while, but he has become a strong rebounder who can finish shots around the basket and will bust out the occasional jump hook from the post. While he's rarely the primary offensive option, he earned enough shots by moving to openings that his Usage Rate was above the league average at his position.

Defensively, Mihm averaged over two blocks per 40 minutes but needs to pick his spots better. Too often he went for a block he couldn't get and left the board exposed behind him. He's also on the light side for a center and could use a bit more strength. However, his Defensive PER was reasonable considering the Lakers' general apathy and should improve under Jackson.

Overall, the sign-and-trade of Gary Payton for Mihm and Jumaine Jones might be the best move of the Kupchak era. Admittedly, that's not saying much, but Mihm is giving L.A. solid production in the middle for less than $4 million a year, while other teams are paying stiffs twice that much in free agency."

Also, between Mihm and Zaza we should always have a decent center on the court. Neither are great, but both are OK and they also compliment each other in a sense.

Adding Mihm, Shelden, and Solomon Jones will greatly increase our athleticism, defense, and rebounding on the frontline...and let's face it, that was our biggest weakness.

If this rumor is true we would just need to add a solid veteran PG and I could imagine us challenging for 40 wins.

Quote:

Here's what John Hollinger had to say about Mihm before last season:

"Now that he's entrenched in the middle Mihm has blossomed into a quality center. It took a while, but he has become a strong rebounder who can finish shots around the basket and will bust out the occasional jump hook from the post. While he's rarely the primary offensive option, he earned enough shots by moving to openings that his Usage Rate was above the league average at his position.

Defensively, Mihm averaged over two blocks per 40 minutes but needs to pick his spots better. Too often he went for a block he couldn't get and left the board exposed behind him. He's also on the light side for a center and could use a bit more strength. However, his Defensive PER was reasonable considering the Lakers' general apathy and should improve under Jackson.

Overall, the sign-and-trade of Gary Payton for Mihm and Jumaine Jones might be the best move of the Kupchak era. Admittedly, that's not saying much, but Mihm is giving L.A. solid production in the middle for less than $4 million a year, while other teams are paying stiffs twice that much in free agency."

I really do not like this deal; due to Mckie being old by NBA standards and his production has dropped along with his age going up. But if this is a done deal; it will be interesting to see how ESPN bashes us for making this move.

Quote:

I like Chris Mihm better than most people on this board seem to. I know he's not great, but he's an athletic, starting-caliber center. He's a much better defender and rebounder than Harrington, plus he can score a little bit and hit his free throws, and he's still young and only makes $4 million a year.

Chris Mihm is a bum. Athletic? C'mon now. His numbers were improved last year, but it had more to do with the Lakers lack of overall talent level than anything.

You'd be better off letting Harrington go for nothing that to ballon your cap space with these filler players. Moreover, you;'d be helping the Lakers. Which is a big no no.

Those 3 salaries equal about 8.5 mil a year. Throw in a future 1st and that is easily enough to match Al's 1st year salary. Also Mihm and Mckie who make up most all of the returning salry both come off the books after this year. Knight may not be allowed to add long term salary with this Belkin mess. This is a way to get a center but not pay a huge contract long term. I think its just a crap rumor but there are some reasons it has life.

Quote:

Quote:

Athletic? C'mon now.

Have you ever actually watched him play? I'm assuming you haven't, because he IS fairly athletic, especially compared to other centers. Compared to Zaza, for instance, Mihm is very athletic.

White guys aren't athletic. grin.gif

Seriousally, the dude isn't that good. He did NOTHING in Cleveland. He didn't really help LA much either.