• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Xtra 570 reports S&T for Al Harrington in the bag

herschel4heisman

Quote:

You don't trade for scrubs and expect to eventually win a championship.

You're right. Maybe we should trade Al for an all-star instead of for a starting center who makes less than $4 million a year. That's a very good idea.

After all, Al is an unrestricted free agent with bad knees who was coming off the bench before he came to Atlanta and promptly proved he couldn't score over 18 ppg for the worst team in the league. So teams are probably dying to trade us an all-star for this guy, a guy who we acquired in exchange for the mighty Steven Jackson, a guy who doesn't really have a clear position in the NBA.

I think we need to be more realistic about Al's value around the league. Mihm is not a scrub, he's a starting center, and Al is a decent player but a lot of contending teams will only be looking at him as a solid 6th man who can score off the bench.

Quote:

Quote:

You don't trade for scrubs and expect to eventually win a championship.

You're right. Maybe we should trade Al for an all-star instead of for a starting center who makes less than $4 million a year. That's a very good idea.

After all, Al is an unrestricted free agent with bad knees who was coming off the bench before he came to Atlanta and promptly proved he couldn't score over 18 ppg for the worst team in the league. So teams are probably dying to trade us an all-star for this guy, a guy who we acquired in exchange for the mighty Steven Jackson, a guy who doesn't really have a clear position in the NBA.

Yeah, cause we know Mihm has started on so many good teams. He's horrible... Cook is even worse. That dude does nothing but play ball like a girl.

Al AVG 18 points and almost 7 reb per game 1 steal

On a Lakers team crying for offense Mihm avg

10 points 6 reb per game 1 block per game

Don't tell me we are getting a good deal for Al taking back Mihm a player who should be no better than a back up center for a player that is proven that he can be productive as a starter.

Mihm's PER was 15.32 last season, Harrington's was 16.08. That's almost indistinguishable.

So my question is how much better a player do you think we're going to get for Al? Especially given that Mihm is a CENTER. It's hard to find a young center with a decent contract, much harder than it is to find a 6'9 'tweener.

Just ask other boards on Realgm how excited they would be about getting Al and you'll get a better sense of the way he is perceived around the league.

I don't even think the avg fan knows who Al or most of the players on the Hawks are to be honest with you. I wouldn't give them any credibility. I would be willing to bet in the NBA there would be a pretty good market for a small forward that can avg 18 and 7 boards a game.

Quote:

Mihm's PER was 15.32 last season, Harrington's was 16.08. That's almost indistinguishable.

So my question is how much better a player do you think we're going to get for Al? Especially given that Mihm is a CENTER. It's hard to find a young center with a decent contract, much harder than it is to find a 6'9 'tweener.

Just ask other boards on Realgm how excited they would be about getting Al and you'll get a better sense of the way he is perceived around the league.

I don't care about that pointless PER crap. I've seen the two play. Mihm will give numbers about 2 out every 5 games at best. The rest of the time he gives you nothing.

Like I said, I'd rather let all go for nothing rather than get payroll padders.

If you thought Billy got blasted by picking Shelden, just wait til he announces this stupid trade! Nothing doing without recouping a 1st round pick...and I would hope with all the interest Harrington is drawing, Billy would do more. Ben Wallace is the only other free agent who'd garner as much attention.

Wonderful if the rumor is false!

He is NOT in the exact same position as AL b/c a team that was under the cap wanted him. What under the cap team wants AL? Chicago? Hopefully they sign Ben Wallace and/or Nazr Mohammed. That paired with Tyrus Thomas and Nocioni and I don't see room for AL.

There is a very real possibility we lose Al to Chicago for nothing. Hopefully that won't happen, but they've been rumored to be interested all year long.

That's why getting Mihm plus some expiring contracts wouldn't be that bad in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if we got more, but I definitely don't think that Mihm is a worst-case scenario like some on this board.

• Premium Member

Quote:

There is a very real possibility we lose Al to Chicago for nothing. Hopefully that won't happen, but they've been rumored to be interested all year long.

That's why getting Mihm plus some expiring contracts wouldn't be that bad in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if we got more, but I definitely don't think that Mihm is a worst-case scenario like some on this board.

What do you do with all of those player coming in that trade? who do you cut?

Quote:

I agree that Mihm isn't the perfect result of a Harrington trade, but I do think people are setting themselves up for disappointment if they think Harrington will bring back something like Bynum AND a first from the Lakers. Al's value just isn't high enough.

I'd be happy with Bynum OR a first. Not with the trade listed above.

If we are after Mihm, does that mean that we are giving up on Andersen?