• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AL Harrington says "I am done in Atlanta!!!"

Wurider05

• Moderators

Quote:

Golden State has Monta Ellis, but outside of that, they will try to pawn off one of the bad contracts they have given out in the past.

Biedrens is another asset I would be interested in.

If there is going to be a s-n-t, I would expect it pretty soon. Since AL has been a pretty good company man while here - I wouldn't think he would lessen BK's options (by saying he is outta here) unless a deal is being wrapped up.

Of course it could be a straight Facy deal where he walks.

Gotta figure this is AL's big payday and he would like that extra year too though.

Mu guess is something happens soon.

• Moderators

Quote:

Yeah, but even with him and Monta, that isn't enough to get Al and make it match under the salary cap rules.

I agree. It would have to be something like Ellis, Biedrens, Murphy and a future first.

• Premium Member

GS is anxious to get rid of Troy Murphy, from what I've read. Also, Dunleavy had his "uneven" moments (as BK would call them) with Montgomery, and though I'm a fan of Dunleavy personally, I'm not quite sure how well he would fit into the Hawks rotation.

The only roster move openly debated in Indiana is Jermaine O'Neal's, of course, but if he acquires Harrington, I'm sure that the idea for Bird is to add to his frontline, not replace part of it... that is, unless there could be a three-way constructed.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Also, Dunleavy had his "uneven" moments (as BK would call them) with Montgomery, and though I'm a fan of Dunleavy personally, I'm not quite sure how well he would fit into the Hawks rotation.

Dunleavy is a BYC player until next offseason, so if he was traded you would use half of his actual salary when comparing if there are equal salaries. I doubt we would get him because of that.

Thank goodness. I would puke if we took squeezably soft Dunleavy and his exorbinant contract. We have 4 guys who can play better small forward than he can. Trading for him would legitimately be a disaster, IMO.

I think Murphy with either a first next year or one of their young players. Murph gets 14 and 10 a night, very respectable, not the greatest on defense. They are very high on their young talent, actually what gives them hope because the guys with all the salary haven't brought much hope.

If BK gets a first back for Al, it gets him off the hook for giving away so many picks to PHX.