• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Offseason Going Perfecting for Al S&T

AHF

• Moderators

Recently, we were very worried about the Bulls, Raptors or Hornets signing Al outright and us coming away with nothing.

With the draft, trades and FA signings in the very beginning of this offseason, it now appears that a S&T is inevitable. This should allow us to really maximize Al's value. I am crossing my fingers, but this couldn't be going better with respect to Al, IMO.

• Moderators

Quote:

just give me a bunch of first rounds picks in next year draft for AL and i will be happy.

We have to take back salary in a S&T, though, because the other team will not be able to take back more salary than they give out.

This is a switch because we have been the ones in the past on the sidelines anxiously waiting for something to happen. We know from experience that as other teams make moves it increases the pressure. Hopefully this will be in our favor and we can use it to get fair value for Al. I think we are holding the trump cards and have the opportunity to sit back and see what is the best offer.

Very exciting.

The Lakers signed Radmanovic which pretty much ended their interest in AL...You never know, there may be teams not mentioned in any of the rumors that have interest..I am surprised that the Knicks haven't made some noise on AL..

I agree. The teams with cap room are burning it up. We are in the drivers seat with Al. I'd gladly send Al to Chicago in a 3 way for PJ Brown and the rights to Chicago's draft pick (swap) with NY next year which is likely to be a very high pick.

I disagree about the Hawks being in the drivers seat. The Hawks may be able to get a decent young prospect through a sign and trade but they will also be getting back someone elses garbage - i.e., a long expensive contract.

BK needs to be careful not to bind the Hawks salary structure in such away that he is unable to resign Smoove in two years. If Smoove keeps progressing the way he has someone will give him a max contract. The Hawks need to plan for that eventuality.

A guy like Chandler is great in theory but the reality is his contract could cripple the team in two years.