• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Will NY give Frye for AL?

Diesel

• Premium Member

I know that Zeke has cried that he would not.. Would not move Frye..

But I wonder. Would he move Frye if it meant getting Al??

I think he would.

I have the deal to propose...

Al for Frye/Rose.

Rose is probably the biggest mistake the Zeke has made as a GM. Here, get rid of Rose, get AL and it only costs... FRYE.

For us, Frye is the uptempo C.

He'd split time with Zaza very well.

I'm sure that Zeke could work out a Kenyon for Francis trade.

Then Zeke would have the team:

Marbury, Crawford, AL, Kenyon, Curry...

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think he would.

Al for Frye/Rose.

Rose is probably the biggest mistake the Zeke has made as a GM. Here, get rid of Rose, get AL and it only costs... FRYE.

Is Frye better than Zaza? They basically play the same way.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think he would.

Al for Frye/Rose.

Why in the world would NY give a young upcoming player for a veteran who can score and bound a little but plays 0 defense? I know Isaiah is dumb, but I don't see that happening.

Quote:

I think he would.

Al for Frye/Rose.

No.

Frye MIGHT be better than Al down the road but he is DEFINITELY not better now and Isiah has already been told win now or you're fired. He might be willing to make such a trade because he thinks (rightfully so in my opinion) that Al gives him a better chance to win now than Frye does.

I think Frye has a lot of upside but I think he gets too much credit on this board. He is NOT a great defensive player or rebounder for his size. What he CAN do though is score both in the low post and from about 15 feet. I think he would fit nicely next to Shelden but I wouldn't expect him to come in and be much, if any, better than Zaza on D.

and I would even take back the contract of QRich, Mo Taylor or Crawford to make it happen. I would have a hard time believing that Isiah doesnt think he can win this year with Frye and one of those 3, but if he does Al could probably be a great asset for him. I agree that Frye isnt the rebounder or defender that he is sometimes given credit for, but he can definitely score with the best of them and is a true full court type of 5 that could grow with our team for the next decade.

• Premium Member

Quote:

and I would even take back the contract of QRich, Mo Taylor or Crawford to make it happen. I would have a hard time believing that Isiah doesnt think he can win this year with Frye and one of those 3, but if he does Al could probably be a great asset for him. I agree that Frye isnt the rebounder or defender that he is sometimes given credit for, but he can definitely score with the best of them and is a true full court type of 5 that could grow with our team for the next decade.

He is no different than Zaza but I will take him for Al

Other than both being capable of double doubles, they couldnt be anymore different. Z is a bruiser while Frye is more of a finesse type of 5. Frye can run the floor and elevate to the rim while Z is likely to break an ankle trying to do that. Frye is a much better defensive player as well, simply because Z is an awful one. Frye is also a significantly better shooter out to 15-20 ft. Z has trouble from anywhere outside of layup distance.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Other than both being capable of double doubles, they couldnt be anymore different. Z is a bruiser while Frye is more of a finesse type of 5. Frye can run the floor and elevate to the rim while Z is likely to break an ankle trying to do that. Frye is a much better defensive player as well, simply because Z is an awful one. Frye is also a significantly better shooter out to 15-20 ft. Z has trouble from anywhere outside of layup distance.

You are right about the bruiser vs quickness. But Zaza looks like he has the potential to have a good outside shot.

Of course we would prefer to take Rose back, but in order for them to give up a player like Frye we would almost certainly have to take a bad contract, not a great trading chip like Isiah would have at the deadline like Rose.

You would think so and maybe he will develop it someday, but Frye is a natural at it right now. I like Z and hope he is with us for years, but I would sure love to have a more athletic 5 than keep defenses honest like Frye can do.

• Premium Member

Quote:

You would think so and maybe he will develop it someday, but Frye is a natural at it right now. I like Z and hope he is with us for years, but I would sure love to have a more athletic 5 than keep defenses honest like Frye can do.

I just don't like the thought of adding another center that doesn't rebound or block shots. But if that is the best we can do so be it.

He is NOT a great rebounder, defender or shotblocker. In fact, he was considered "soft" coming out of college and he did little to shed that label as a rookie. He is also almost a year OLDER than Zaza so Zaza has as much potential to get better as he does.

People say Isiah wouldn't trade him for Al but Al averaged 27/5 on 59% shooting against NY in 4 games last year while Frye average 10/5 on 43% shooting against us. I don't think there is any question that Al is the better player but Frye plays a position where we need an upgrade while Al plays a position where most of our talent lies.

The thing I like about Frye is that he can shoot the ball and he scores at a pretty high rate. He has a pretty good offensive repertoire already and he should get better as he gets stronger. He is also a good but not spectacular athlete. I think his softness would be somewhat mitigated by Shelden's toughness.

• Premium Member

Quote:

He is NOT a great rebounder, defender or shotblocker. In fact, he was considered "soft" coming out of college and he did little to shed that label as a rookie. He is also almost a year OLDER than Zaza so Zaza has as much potential to get better as he does.

People say Isiah wouldn't trade him for Al but Al averaged 27/5 on 59% shooting against NY in 4 games last year while Frye average 10/5 on 43% shooting against us. I don't think there is any question that Al is the better player but Frye plays a position where we need an upgrade while Al plays a position where most of our talent lies.

The thing I like about Frye is that he can shoot the ball and he scores at a pretty high rate. He has a pretty good offensive repertoire already and he should get better as he gets stronger. He is also a good but not spectacular athlete. I think his softness would be somewhat mitigated by Shelden's toughness.

You can talk me into this one because he come cheap and will have trade value later.