• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The more I look at Fosters numbers

tmac13

The more I would love to have him..He is a rebounding machine..He has averaged 9 rebounds in less that 30 minutes the last 2 seasons..He has grabbed 18 rebounds in a game 4 times in his career..When you have a team a jumpshooters like we do, you need a bigman that can board..I would love to have Foster..

Foster, Yessircabbages, and a protected 1st for AL..Thats the deal.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

The more I would love to have him..He is a rebounding machine..He has averaged 9 rebounds in less that 30 minutes the last 2 seasons..He has grabbed 18 rebounds in a game 4 times in his career..When you have a team a jumpshooters like we do, you need a bigman that can board..I would love to have Foster..

Foster, Yessircabbages, and a protected 1st for AL..Thats the deal.

Plus his contract is favorable

I agree. The guy averages somewhere around 17.3 rebounds per 48 minutes, and he's quick enough to guard power forwards.

A lot of Indiana fans don't think Larry will deal Jasekivicious. They say that Larry has a problem admitting that he made a mistake, and he is going to force Jasekivicious down their throats.

Something like Jeff Foster, Anthony Johnson, and a first may be the deal.

What doesn't make sense? Getting a great rebounding big man in Jeff Foster that has a very manageable deal plus a first round pick?

Oh, so it makes more sense to wreck your salary cap by adding Allen Iverson or Steve "The Franchise Killer" Francis?

• Premium Member

Mainly because if you want to be a run and gun team, it all starts with the rebound.

Foster, Johnson, 1st... gets it done for me.

I doubt they would give up Yessircabbages.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Because you don't trade the #1 available free agent for a third string center and a third string point guard and what will be a draft pick in the late 20's.

In case you hadn't notice, No one has offered us anything for AL! He's not that good!!!!

Quote:

Because you don't trade the #1 available free agent for a third string center and a third string point guard and what will be a draft pick in the late 20's.

There are no "rules" on what you get for the #2 FA going into free agency, just like there are no "rules" for how good a player you get at #5 in the draft.

Every summer is an isolated market. Right now, letting Al walk is looking appealing to me. I would probably do Jasikevicus, Foster, and a 1st though.

My point is, you have to look at the actual options, not what you think the #2 FA deserves. And while it's true that Al is the #1 FA right now, that means very little. If you wait long enough in the summer, Luke Schenscher might be the #1 FA.

What did Lue and Ivey Die All of a sudden? We don't need to trade Al for superfluous pieces. We don't need 18 pgs. We don't need 12 backup centers. Seriously what would foster bring us that we cant get from Landlord, Este, and Edwards? Are those 9 rebounds he gets per game enough to trade our most valuable piece for?

• Premium Member

Quote:

What did Lue and Ivey Die All of a sudden? We don't need to trade Al for superfluous pieces. We don't need 18 pgs. We don't need 12 backup centers. Seriously what would foster bring us that we cant get from Landlord, Este, and Edwards? Are those 9 rebounds he gets per game enough to trade our most valuable piece for?

The 1st round pick next year makes the deal. Why don't you get it?