• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The more I look at Fosters numbers

tmac13

Well as a true (unrestricted) free agent, the only connection that now exists between AL and the Hawks (from what I've read over and over) is that the Hawks can offer him a 6 year contract whereas other teams can only offer a five. That's it. He is technically no longer a Hawk at this point.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quote:

Well as a true (unrestricted) free agent, the only connection that now exists between AL and the Hawks (from what I've read over and over) is that the Hawks can offer him a 6 year contract whereas other teams can only offer a five. That's it. He is technically no longer a Hawk at this point.

Also any team over the cap will be incapable of signing him for more than the MLE without Atlanta's cooperation in a S&T. That is the real leverage at this point since there don't seem to be any teams left with cap room and interest to sign him outright for more than the MLE.

Quote:

...Also any team over the cap will be incapable of signing him for more than the MLE without Atlanta's cooperation in a S&T. That is the real leverage at this point since there don't seem to be any teams left with cap room and interest to sign him outright for more than the MLE.

Yeah - that's gotta be a bummer for AL (unless there is a deal being worked out).

He was touted as the #2 free agent and now...with all this early action for true bigs...he seems to have been left out.

Very simple. Not all teams need Al's services; therefore, those teams that don't want his services are not a posibility for an SnT. This is not brain science its simple observation. The question that I asked you, was what teams do you think need Al's services. This is nothing more than pure speculation, which was what I was doing and what you do in all your posts about Francis/AI, et al.

Interesting idea, but where do we play him considering we have Sheldon, J. Smith and Marvin?

I understand the idea, and there is some merit to it, I am just not sure how that works out. I am actually thinking we need a swing guard (sg/pg) to add depth in the back court. If JJ goes down for any period of time we are doomed.

Not really. This means the team wants Al. My position, again, is that not all teams want Al's services; therefore its not a completely open market, and in all probability its a limited market. Which teams want Al is unknown to us, but we can speculate. I am in no suggesting the list I made is either complete or exhaustive. Its just part of the culture of the board to speculate on what we think will happen.

Quote:

I understand the idea, and there is some merit to it, I am just not sure how that works out.

I have no idea how it works out. The only point I'm making is that what about considering that possibility? If Al is gonna come cheap, why not sign him and trade him down the road?

What is Foster going to provide that Shelden won't? In addition, I have very little interest in a draft pick in the 20's.

In return for Al, I would prefer that we get one of the following:

1)A starting Center. I like Zaza a lot but I would PREFER to have him coming off the bench. Magloire would be my first choice but I MIGHT take a risk on Tyson Chandler. I think Chandler can eventually be what Ben Wallace is now but he's 7'2" instead of 6'9". Yes, it would be a risk but I think Chandler would be a pretty good, if not GREAT, fit for an uptempo team and that is what I THINK we are building toward. No other guy in the league runs the floor any better than he does at his size.

2)A starter ANYWHERE else other than SF (I think Smoove, Marvin, Chillz and JJ have that on lock). MAYBE get Bonzi Wells and start JJ at PG or SF. MAYBE get a better starting PG than Speedy such as Devin Harris. I like Speedy a lot, just not as much as Harris. If DAL gets Mike James, would they consider dealing Harris/filler for Al? MAYBE we try a blockbuster for a PF and offer Al/Shelden/Chillz for KG. Bottom line, getting a starter at a position other than SF makes us better than we are now.

3)If we can't get a starter for Al, we AT LEAST need to get a young prospect (or two) for Al. I'm not in love with what GS has to offer but I'd take Biedrins/Ellis/filler over Foster/#1 for Al. Ellis has shown a LOT of promise and he could eventually be a star and Biedrins still has a chance to develop into a solid defense-minded big man.

• Premium Member

Quote:

What is Foster going to provide that Shelden won't? In addition, I have very little interest in a draft pick in the 20's.

In return for Al, I would prefer that we get one of the following:

1)A starting Center. I like Zaza a lot but I would PREFER to have him coming off the bench. Magloire would be my first choice but I MIGHT take a risk on Tyson Chandler. I think Chandler can eventually be what Ben Wallace is now but he's 7'2" instead of 6'9". Yes, it would be a risk but I think Chandler would be a pretty good, if not GREAT, fit for an uptempo team and that is what I THINK we are building toward. No other guy in the league runs the floor any better than he does at his size.

2)A starter ANYWHERE else other than SF (I think Smoove, Marvin, Chillz and JJ have that on lock). MAYBE get Bonzi Wells and start JJ at PG or SF. MAYBE get a better starting PG than Speedy such as Devin Harris. I like Speedy a lot, just not as much as Harris. If DAL gets Mike James, would they consider dealing Harris/filler for Al? MAYBE we try a blockbuster for a PF and offer Al/Shelden/Chillz for KG. Bottom line, getting a starter at a position other than SF makes us better than we are now.

3)If we can't get a starter for Al, we AT LEAST need to get a young prospect (or two) for Al. I'm not in love with what GS has to offer but I'd take Biedrins/Ellis/filler over Foster/#1 for Al. Ellis has shown a LOT of promise and he could eventually be a star and Biedrins still has a chance to develop into a solid defense-minded big man.

Dude you are all over the place. You need to start a fantasy league or something

• Premium Member

Quote:

Magloire would be my first choice

He would be a one-year rental in all likelihood, and the Bucks' owner refuses to go over the luxury tax, so it would be a tough sell, IMO.

Quote:

but I MIGHT take a risk on Tyson Chandler.

Chandler is going to New Orleans. Dalembert might be available, though...

Quote:

MAYBE get a better starting PG than Speedy such as Devin Harris.

A dream scenario to get Harris. Regardless, Knight didn't commit $6M/year to let Speedy be the backup.

Quote:

I'd take Biedrins/Ellis/filler over Foster/#1 for Al.

Ah, but it's that "filler" that's the deal breaker.

Why in the heck do you think we deserve a starter for Al when he's not good enough to start on our team??? A starting CENTER???? LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Do you realize how valuable a starting-quality center is? So, some team who actually has one of these spare "starting centers" is going to trade him for a player who's not good enough to start at forward? Maybe we can get Magloire, but only because Milwaukee wants to go with Bogut. Even then, if I'm Milwaukee, I want to stick it out with a guy who can actually contribute something.

Ditto for starting PG's.

Oh my sides.