• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Derek Fisher sent to Utah?

jezmund

Quote:

Would you trade AL to Houston for Swift/Ryan Bowen?

I don't believe Stromile Swift is even available for Houston to trade anymore. He and his massive contract were reportedly traded on the night of the draft along with Rudy Gay to Memphis for Shane Battier, though that won't become official until the new salary cap figures are determined- which should be happening any day now.

Great trade for the Rockets, btw.

Quote:

Golden State took on some smaller/shorter contracts in return for Derek Fisher to Utah. Does this set up an Atlanta deal with Golden State?

I do not know what this does. Its my understanding that you cannot move a player until after 60 days from when the trade agreement was signed. That means 60 days from July 12th at the earliest.

Also the Bulls trade puts an end to any talk with the them. PJ has a nice expiring contract but he nor Smith can be traded for at least 60 days after the contract is signed either...

I think Al's options for a big pay day are really getting smaller and smaller as the clock keeps ticking...

Quote:

You can re-trade a player AS LONG AS he's the only player being traded out.

IOW, either PJ or JR can be traded immediately.

but from the article about the deal:

Quote:

Smith, then, figures to be a valuable trade chip for the Bulls if he can't crack coach Scott Skiles' rotation, although league rules would preclude Chicago from dealing him until 90 days after this trade is officially consummated.

Too many technicalities in the NBA for me to keep up with.

Quote:

You can re-trade a player AS LONG AS he's the only player being traded out.

IOW, either PJ or JR can be traded immediately.

ESPN says the Bulls cannot trade JR even though he is a good tradeable asset for 60 days after the contract is signed.

Here is the quote and link:

Quote:

although league restrictions on trades would make it difficult for Chicago to move him until 60 days after this trade is officially consummated

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2510218

It is in the last paragraph in the article. I hope they are wrong. Would give Al and us a whole lot more options...

Quote:

Too many technicalities in the NBA for me to keep up with.

I agree! If I was a lawyer then I would understand all this but I am just a simple computer nerd that loves basketball...

• Premium Member

Go here:

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#67

Quote:

In addition, teams cannot trade players under the following circumstances:

* For two months after receiving the player in trade or claiming him off waivers,
if the player is being traded in combination with other players. However, the team is free to trade the player by himself (not packaged with other players) immediately. This restriction applies only to teams over the salary cap.

1. The Bulls can trade either play individually NOW.

2. If I'm reading Coon right, teams under the cap can re-trade whomever they like.

Apparently they haven't signed Patrick O'Bryant to a contract yet. The speculation among GS fans is that he would be included along with one of their unsavory contracts in an Al SNT deal.

I have a feeling like there will be a 3rd team involved that wants one of those overpaid players and can give up and expirer or draft pick.

I think there is merit to your line of reasoning; ie trade for Murphy and win now. You gotta wonder what is BK's plan when there is this thought in the back of his head there may be no tomorrow; ie owner's dispute. All the talk of next year, two years may not mean anything. Not to say he'd make a crazy deal, but it has to make the idea of winning NOW more prevalent. I think he's close to having the plan he's laid out put in place. If it were me, I'd want to try and get it done.

If we could get one of their young guys, that would be equivalent of a first rounder, and maybe better. If that were so, we'd be set for a long time with bigs.