• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I don't think we'll miss Al? Am I the only one???

CBAreject

• Premium Member

There were others when Al showed up big.

What's your point.

I mean, it's alright to not want Al back, but we at least have to be honest... He was far more consistent than JSmoove or Marvin could be at this time. Period.

• Premium Member

Quote:

There were others when Al showed up big.

What's your point.

I mean, it's alright to not want Al back, but we at least have to be honest... He was far more consistent than JSmoove or Marvin could be at this time. Period.

Marvin & Smoove we pretty consistent down the stretch with out Al.

• Premium Member

And every year, down the stretch, we have some guys that look pretty consistent.

Let me see.

Newbile, Smoove, Chillz, Nazr, Pryz, and Sura all looked good down the stretch. Because teams usually aren't playing us that hard.

For every game that he exploded there were 2 or 3 where his chucking hurt the offense. There were many times when the Hawks would go on big runs when he went to the bench. Those runs would quickly stop once he came back in.

And he has never been a clutch scorer. Smoove hit more clutch shots after the AS break than Al hit in two seasons.

• Admin

FOr the last 5-6 years we've finished the season strong for that same reason. People want to blindly hate on Al. But he was a consistant 2nd option on this team and unless the Josh's, Marvin or Sheldon pick up some major slack, he will be missed often.

I agree with Chillz, Al was a decent 2nd scoring option regardless of what you might think of his overall game..He will be missed until some other players show they can be a consistant scoring threat..It will also mean continuous double teams for JJ until someone else steps up...

• Moderators

Quote:

I agree with Chillz, Al was a decent 2nd scoring option regardless of what you might think of his overall game..He will be missed until some other players show they can be a consistant scoring threat..It will also mean continuous double teams for JJ until someone else steps up...

Yep. I hope both Marvin and Josh Smith will really step up their scoring next season in response to this opportunity, though.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I've been wondering what our 4th quarter offense will be like without Al. Who will we like to apart from JJ for the clutch shots and set plays?

Seeing that we blew so many 4th quarter leads last year whom ever it is this season can't be much worse

Even if Smoove starts out scoring quite a bit, let's see how he responds when he starts getting doubled as Al usually was in the 4th quarter. He won't be getting single coverage all the time like he did with Al and JJ on the floor. Like you, I hope that a more balanced scoring attack and improved D will offset the loss of Al's offense but I think we will certainly miss Al at times next year.