• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Dolfans proposed 3-way (Seattle, NJ, Atlanta)

Admin

Just throwing out a trade idea based on guestimated salaries for the FA's. I think that this trade helps everyone involved to be a better team this year and for the most part in the future as well.

Atlanta Trades:

Al Harrington (10 mil)

Salim Stoudamire (.75 mil)

Atlanta Gets:

Marcus Williams (~1.5 mil)

Jason Collins (6 mil)

Nick Collison or Robert Swift (~2 mil)

-----------------------------------

New Jersey Trades:

Marcus Williams (~1.5 mil)

Jason Collins (6 mil)

New Jersey Gets:

Chris Wilcox (8 mil)

Seattle Trades:

Chris Wilcox (8 mil)

Nick Collison or Robert Swift (~2 mil)

Seattle Gets:

Al Harrington (10 mil)

Salim Stoudamire (.75 mil)

Why for Atlanta: Atlanta gets a quality big off the bench and a young PG to groom for the future. Sekou's article mentions us getting a PG and a big and this would suit me fine.

Why for NJ: The Nets get an athletic 4-5 that can run with their team and while losing Marcus Williams hurts in the long run, this team is built to win now and Wilcox would certainly help with that.

Why for Seattle: Seattle needs an athletic scoring forward that can play inside and out and Al is young enough to play with Lewis and Allen for years. Salim gives them a young shooter to bring off the bench.

Thoughts??

• Premium Member

Dolfan, I'm pretty sure Wilcox is BYC, which throws an elephant-sized wrench into any plans of S&T him to a team over the cap...

Also:

a.) Seattle likes Collison.

b.) Marcus is Kidd's understudy.

c.) Didn't Collins just undergo surgery?

I think the main issue is Seattle is being cheap right now. I think they would like to sign Wilcox, but they just don't want to spend. Here is a team that drafted an overseas player with the #10 pick so they wouldn't have to pay them.

I seriously doubt they will take on a large contract like Al's will be, unless they shed just as much.

• Premium Member

If Seattle wasn't on the cheap, this would be a perfect deal.

Seattle offered Wilcox less than 42 over 6.

That's cheap.

Moreover, Al would have to agree to going to Seattle... However, with his value dropping, he'd take it.

much. They could keep Wilcox for a lot less than $2M a season PLUS keep Swift or Collison.

Would you do Al to NJ for Collins/Williams/ McInnis (I hear they are cutting McInnis if they can't trade him and his salary is needed to allow Al to get the money he will want). I don't know if NJ does that either but

Krstic

Harrington

Jefferson

Carter

J Kidd

is a pretty strong five. We might have to figure out a way to get them T Lue in the deal because I'm sure they want a better backup to J Kidd than Jacque Vaughn.