• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Is our Bullpen serious?

CBAreject

Quote:

WTF? Managed to salvage a win tonight, but the Badpen sure did blow a comfy lead again. I've never seen such a lousy bunch of relievers.

I don't see how Scheurholz is even trying to improve it. Not that I know what's going on behind the scenes, but I got absolutely livid when Kevin Barry was sent back down (after a few scoreless innings of work) and REITSMA brought back in. Reitsma would still be pitching in crucial situations right now had he not been shut down for the season. GRR!

I wasn't for making a deal a week ago. I thought we needed to just rebuild. Then, Chipper got hot. Chuck Smith started to look like a stud. Then I realized we're 7 games out of the wild card, and why not shoot for it.

I'm for acquiring a decent reliever if he doesn't cost us much. Nobody can be worse at closer than what we've seen.

When you realize we've blown 16 saves this year and we're 13 games out of first place, it's hard to believe we wouldn't be right in it with a solid closer. I hold Reitsma personally responsible for ending the streak.

Quote:

I wasn't for making a deal a week ago. I thought we needed to just rebuild. Then, Chipper got hot. Chuck Smith started to look like a stud. Then I realized we're 7 games out of the wild card, and why not shoot for it.

I'm for acquiring a decent reliever if he doesn't cost us much. Nobody can be worse at closer than what we've seen.

When you realize we've blown 16 saves this year and we're 13 games out of first place, it's hard to believe we wouldn't be right in it with a solid closer. I hold Reitsma personally responsible for ending the streak.

Shooting for what, though? Another first-round exit? I'm still of the mind that we need to sell and reload this year. If Chipper is getting hot, maybe he'll approve a trade to a team where he can DH.

I think in order to right our bullpen, three things needed to be done: 1.) Get rid of Remlinger(which we did) (2.) Get rid of Reitsma(he's gonna be on the dl for a long time) (3.) and get rid of Jorge. If this triumvirant is complete, then I think our bullpen will be just fine.

I say trade Jorge for a low Class A prospect. Or a 31 year old career AAA minor leaguer. Or something. Anything. Just get rid of him.

As for our closer situation, why not try out Kevin Barry? Hes looked pretty good thus far. Maybe he can be our Papelbon. Also, does anyone know when Phil Stockman's coming back? I liked what I saw from him too.

Next year's pitching should be better anyhow, with Boyer and Hampton coming back, and Chuckie James, Barry, Stockman, etc. more experienced.