• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We need to be loyal to the Franchise

Johnnybravo4

I thought about it and I think that as a fan base we need to be neutral in this legal fight between Atlanta Spirit and Belkin. We as fans have to face the possibility that Belkin may become owner of the team. By taking sides we may put ourselves in the position of viewing the team differently if Belkin takes over.

I mean think about it realistically. If Belkin wins what are we gonna do?

Not go to games?

Refuse to watch games on TV?

Shut down Hawksquawk?

We as fans wouldn't want to do either of those things but we may be tempted to do so if we get emotional about either side. So from now on...I am neither for Belkin, or Atlanta Spirit nor against either. I am for the Franchise..period.

We need some Nationally Televised Games for once! How long has it been since the Hawks had a game on ABC, TNT, Or ESPN. I really hope the NBA guys give us at least 1-2 games this year if teams like the Rockets, Raptors, Sonics , Celtics, Twolves and Warriors can get over 2 games each I believe we belong there too.. We are one of the youngest teams in the NBA who have alot of young flyers who can turn into superstars in this league. I have no doubt will be one of the most exciting teams to watch next year. We need fans not only in the Atlanta but around the world!

Quote:

I thought about it and I think that as a fan base we need to be neutral in this legal fight between Atlanta Spirit and Belkin. We as fans have to face the possibility that Belkin may become owner of the team. By taking sides we may put ourselves in the position of viewing the team differently if Belkin takes over.

I mean think about it realistically. If Belkin wins what are we gonna do?

Not go to games?

Refuse to watch games on TV?

Shut down Hawksquawk?

We as fans wouldn't want to do either of those things but we may be tempted to do so if we get emotional about either side. So from now on...I am neither for Belkin, or Atlanta Spirit nor against either. I am for the Franchise..period.

I'm done as a fan. It's a hard thing to do... but if I can dump the Braves when they're winning every year i will be able to dump a franchise that has been losing for 8 years.

Well then let me ask you this..if Belkin wins then what? Are you not going to support the organization in hopes that Belkin will sell the team? What if Belkin feels that there is no support in ATL and moves the team to Vegas? Or Oklahoma City? Then what? We cut our noses off to spite our face at that point.

Quote:

U were a Hawks fan?

If Belkin takes over I am. call me crazy... But give one reason why a person with common sense would support a team if they have NO SHOT at being good?

Being bad is onething... But having a Sterling owner and have NO SHOT at winning is another.

What would be the point when it comes to that?

• Premium Member

No self respecting fan should want an owner who has done the things that Belk has done already.

Belk didn't go to court to get his OK on all deals.

Belk went to court to get all deals stopped.

He has purposedly tied the hands of the sitting GM in the middle of the offseason.

That type of owner is not interested in a competitive team...

If I could change teams I would....I can't... I am a Hawks fan, I wish I could turn it off, especially if that clown takes ownership...but it is the team ...the jersey...that I am a fan of.

What I don't get is how a fan can say I am not a fan of that a team anymore...so you would not be concerned or interested in how the Hawks are playing....or peek at the box scores...or watch any games?

Quote:

If I could change teams I would....I can't... I am a Hawks fan, I wish I could turn it off, especially if that clown takes ownership...but it is the team ...the jersey...that I am a fan of.

What I don't get is how a fan can say I am not a fan of that a team anymore...so you would not be concerned or interested in how the Hawks are playing....or peek at the box scores...or watch any games?

of course. I still watch alot of braves games. So maybe in someway shape or form I'm still a fan. But if Belkin takes over, are the Hawks a franchise at that point?

I'd still be the Hawks on the video games and still check out the scores... But it's questionable is a team really exsists anymore once you have such an owner in place.

The Hawks losing has already effected me alot as an NBA fan. With each losing season, I lose alittle more interest in the league, period. I think that if Belkin takes over and I follow the team really closely, I'll end up not watching the league alltogether.