• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

NOOOOOOO to MURPHY!!!!!!!!!!

CBAreject

I can't believe you people think Murphy for Al is a good deal. Troy Murphy is a HORRIBLE player, and the Warriors are trying their hardest to get RID of him. Why do you think that is? He absolutely sucks. DO NOT be seduced by his 10 rebounds per game. He is NOT good defensively, and he shoots for a miserable percentage every year. Not only will we not be any better, we will cap ourselves out!

The point of trading Al Harrington is NOT to acquire some huge contracts in return for him. The point is to build value for the future of this franchise. Troy Murphy is NOT the answer to anything. He is NOT valuable because of his massive deal. He is a liability, both on the court and in the books. Furthermore, we don't even need him. He doesn't give us anything that Shelden and Zaza won't. I'm comfortable letting Smoove play some minutes at PF and Solomon Jones 10 mpg at center.

WHY DO YOU THINK THE WARRIORS FANS ARE DANCING WITH GLEE AT THE PROSPECT OF UNLOADING TROY MURPHY??? MEANWHILE, YOU GUYS ARE EXCITED ABOUT ACQUIRING HIM???

I CANNOT SCREAM LOUDLY ENOUGH: NO TO MURPHY! MY GOD AM I ALONE HERE? I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS!!!

If we bail GS out here, we will regret it. Murphy will be the new Alan Henderson of this forum--the guy who gets traded in every deal....but there will be no takers. He sucks.

Well then, would you rather have Dunlevy or Folye? Because any deal we do with Golden State will probably involve on of those three guys (to make the salaries being traded comparable). I'm not big on Murphy either (that shooting % is not attractive) but if we were to get him, a number one next year and a number two in the future...I say we go ahead and take it (and stop being punked by Belkin...for the time being).

BTW is Murphy's contract expiring. I think Dunlevy's is...so he really may be one of the guys we get.

Troy Murphy is due for the next 5 years...

8.3 mil

9.2 mil

10.1 mil

11.1 mil

12.0 mil

It's not like we have 2 choices, Murphy or Foyle. We can let Al walk, and that's not that bad a choice folks. We can also find better deals. In fact, Mike Dunleavy has an expiring contract, as far as I know. I believe he's playing out his 5th year, and he'll be a FA next year. I'll take him with Pietrus and a first or Diogu and a first or just 2 firsts. Lots of other deals are possible. We DO NOT have to take Murphy or Foyle.

Dunleavy signed an albatross contract this past offseason. Golden State has no ending contracts they could send in a deal to get Al Harrington, which may be why there are rumors of a third team being in the deal. I really don't think Billy will take on a contract like Troy Murphy's.

Quote:

Well then, would you rather have Dunlevy or Folye? Because any deal we do with Golden State will probably involve on of those three guys (to make the salaries being traded comparable). I'm not big on Murphy either (that shooting % is not attractive) but if we were to get him, a number one next year and a number two in the future...I say we go ahead and take it (and stop being punked by Belkin...for the time being).

BTW is Murphy's contract expiring. I think Dunlevy's is...so he really may be one of the guys we get.

I'm tired of this G.S. is thinking their gonna get value without giving up anything that's why their fans are getting on my nerves.If they don't give anything up then screw them,they don't wat AL bad enough.Billy BETTER NOT let them low ball us were driving this dang car and they're not finna rip us off.

I'm really unfamiliar with his game, as I rarely if ever see Golden State games. His points and rebounds do outwardly look pretty impressive, but that might be a case where the stats can be somewhat deceiving. Even a lot of the Golden State fans say that about him on their board, that he's not quite the measure of his stats- and I'd estimate it's probably about a 60-40 split as far as those who want to trade him, and those who'd like to keep him.

• Premium Member

Yeah, Murphy did have a couple of nice dunks. But more than that, I remember Al Harrington absolutely ABUSING Murphy in the post. Al used a spin move on Murphy and left him standing still and looking stupid on like three straight possessions. It was awesome...for us at least grin.gif.

Quote:

Yeah, Murphy did have a couple of nice dunks. But more than that, I remember Al Harrington absolutely ABUSING Murphy in the post. Al used a spin move on Murphy and left him standing still and looking stupid on like three straight possessions. It was awesome...for us at least
grin.gif

hmmmmm did we win that game? confused.gif