• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I don't think the court ruling will affect...

flava

I don't think the court ruling will affect the sign and trade of Al. All BK has to say is that I was actively negotiating with every team in the league at the time of the court ruling. It's perry unlikely that the deal that goes down was no "being discussed" for some time now....

flava

Quote:

I don't think the court ruling will affect the sign and trade of Al. All BK has to say is that I was actively negotiating with every team in the league at the time of the court ruling. It's perry unlikely that the deal that goes down was no "being discussed" for some time now....

flava

Court ruling will affect EVERYTHING. The future of this team will be terrible. This clown will single-handedly make this team suck for the next decade with absurd moves and non-moves.

Quote:

Quote:

flava

Court ruling will affect EVERYTHING. The future of this team will be terrible. This clown will single-handedly make this team suck for the next decade with absurd moves and non-moves.

So you are saying he will maintain the status quo from the previous decade? smirk.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

flava

I'm on the other side, flava... I'm reading into Mullin's comment that the principals involved were optimistic over the weekend, but that they were going to need some additional time--ostensibly to find out what the court is going to green flag and what they're going to red flag. I imagine, the phone lines were sizzling today between three cities plus Montgomery County, MD.

I am certain of this much... the two sides (Belkin + ASpirit) both endured the PR nightmare that was the premature announcement of Joe Johnson's player transaction, and that that's too fresh in ASpirit's collective mind to make any announcements that might wobble when pushed.

regarding the silence, i think that's dead on. i would have expected to hear more by this point and the reason why, as you surmise, is that there is probably a lot going on behind the scenes regarding notifications, verifications, approvals, etc. given last year's disaster, that's a good thing....

also, sturt, it's good to see you back on the board. i'll never forget one of your first posts on the old board (was it accessatlanta?) - i think it was about Isiah Rider reporting (or in that instance, reporting late) to training camp - ah yes, Isiah, yet another disaster is the hawks storied history (of disasters, that is!)....

flava

• Premium Member

Quote:

also, sturt, it's good to see you back on the board. i'll never forget one of your first posts on the old board (was it accessatlanta?) - i think it was about Isiah Rider reporting (or in that instance, reporting late) to training camp - ah yes, Isiah, yet another disaster is the hawks storied history (of disasters, that is!)....

flava

Thanks. flava. It's cool to think that some of us have been "friends" for several years now, going back to that frustrating, primitive board that AJC put up. And I'm still just so grateful for chilz and what he's done here.... but on to other items...

Yeah, as disgusted as I was by that Babcockism, I didn't have a clue that that move signaled an abrupt and chronic move from annual playoff participant to annual lottery participant...

I think I even predicted we could rebound from that egregious error and bounce back to championship contender by 2003.

Tells you how much I know.