• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Poor Woody the Problems have now just Begun!!!!!!!

LastDon

Quote:

LOL Childress is too slow to stay in front of 3s, let alone 1s.

I agree with you in that Childress can't quard 1s but he's an excellent defender. Defense is all about instincts, technique, attitude/desire and lateral quickness. Childress is above average in all of these areas.

Quote:

Quote:

LOL Childress is too slow to stay in front of 3s, let alone 1s.

I agree with you in that Childress can't quard 1s but he's an excellent defender. Defense is all about instincts, technique, attitude/desire and lateral quickness. Childress is above average in all of these areas.

What guy are you watching? Chillz does not have the lateral quickness to guard most team's 3, let alone their 2. He tries, I'll give him that, but he just does not have the lateral quickness to stay in front of his man.

Quote:

Childress is our best defender so he guards the Point. JJ is our best playmaker so he brings the ball up the court. The fast break? That's the beauty of this lineup because any player is capable of rebounding the ball and running the other way.

I am at a loss for words, particularly with the first point. If Childress guards the point, opposing PG's might average 35 a night on us. As others have said, he can just barely guard 3s, clearly struggles with 2s, and would be completely lost with PG's.

JJ bringing the ball up was tried last year and didn't work. For starters he struggles against a press with very quick PG's. Also he is already asked to do so much and play so many minutes for us, he gets tired. You don't want to burden him with bringing it up.

As for the break, we saw it last year. With no quick PG to push the ball, there was virtually no fast break. That is reason 1a of why I am so glad we got speedy, 1b being improved D at the point.