• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Finally some good news!

HawkNJersey

Quote:

I get the feeling that we get Pietrus in the deal because AL says that GS wants him at SF. Richardson is penciled in at the #2 and that leaves Pietrus out...I wonder if this trade might include Childress as well...and maybe a 3-way. We have a jam at the SF position and CHILL is not a great option at the #2 spot...despite what some here want to think. BK is real good at getting talent but not getting together a real team. It could look like this...I know salaries don't mesh but this deal could be bigger than we all believe to help both teams out of tight spots.

Pietrus

Ellis

for

AL

CHill

Chill doesn't mind being the 6th man but he doesn't want to be stuck behind two guys and being forced to play the 2 just because we need to squeeze him onto the court. Pietrus is more suited to playing the two because of his skills than Chill.

Well for one, that doesn't work under the salary cap.

But excellent point about Chill. I would like to add that GS probably wants him too. He is from that area and Mike Montgomery coached Chill at Stanford. I could definitely see them wanting him. I would hate to see Chill leave, he has definitely grown on me since we drafted him.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

In essence, it's a 3 year deal.

Moreover, sure he's overpaid. But he's good at the one thing he does. He plays defense. I'm not suggesting that he's our starter. I'm saying that he's our defensive C.

Moreover, Look at what else comes with him. A 1st round pick.

When has GS not been a lottery team. If the pick is unconditional, this is a win for the Hawks period. We'd make Chicago raping NY look like a kiddie movie. Because GS is just destined to fail. Even if they get Al, insert him at Sf... They won't have the dollars to get a real C. Biedrins and Obryant are both weak. so you have a weak C with an undersized Pf.... That smells like teen spirit to me.

With the 2nd pick of the 2007 draft, the Atlanta Hawks select:

Will you be crying about Foyle's contract then?

Um, if they trade for Al using Foyle they still have Murphy and Diogu on the roster to play power forward, so Al would be slotted in at small forward.

But it is a total pipe dream to think GS is giving up a good prospect and a first round pick for Al in a buyers market.

I know it doesn't work under the cap but I was too lazy to work out a long deal. I put that deal as an example of what a big deal might be based on. I expect BK wants either Ellis or a #1. Ellis is behind Baron Davis and Jason Richardson so GS may reluctantly part with him. Pietrus makes sense for the same reason.

I think Childress needs to be moved and why not put him into a deal where we can get good value back...and alleviate this frankestein small forward logjam a little. I'll be surprised if we move just AL...although Billy is stubborn enough to believe that he can work Childress in. GS does have some talent...not sure why they suck so bad.

Good point about Mike Montgomery and Chill. I get the sense that GS wants to do a decent makeover and we have some pieces that they like...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Gotta give Belkin some credit on this one for doing something good for the franchise for once.

Did anyone, including Belkin, really think the franchise was going to do anything but decrease in value as long as those restrictions were set???

He's full of himself, but that doesn't make him stupid. Let's give credit when credit's due... and only when credit is due... that hasn't happened yet.

Quote:

I'd be happy with Foyle, Monta Ellis, and GS unconditional first next year.

That'd be a good deal for us.

why in the hell would you spend 40 million dollars for a first round draft pick and Monta Ellis? that is in essence what you are supporting.

His senior year in high school, Monta I believe was the leading high school scorer in America.

But that said though, he was a 2nd round pick- taken 5 or 6 picks after we selected Salim. As of yet, he is nowhere near a complete player... so I'm not sure why Golden State fans seem so adamant about not trading him. Judging by their reactions, you'd think we were asking them for Dwayne Wade or something.

He is still wicked skinny, wafer thin. IMO he's still got a lot of bulking up to do before his body is gonna be able to hold up to the rigors of a full NBA season.

The reason why they don't want to lose him is because he is better than Salim. He has a huge upside and can really handle the ball. Salim is a stretch to ever play PG. Monta can play either PG or SG. He can get to the hole and has a good stroke. Salim is a shooter. PERIOD. He does that very well but he doesn't play great defense and is one dimensional. Monta could make us all forget about Foye and Roy in another year. The kid can play.

The #1 reason why he wasn't a first round pick has to do with his knee which is now 100%. He would be a huge get for the Hawks and could back up JJ and/or the PG. With one more year under his belt this kid would be good to go. And he is 3 years younger than Salim. Huge difference.

• Premium Member

Do we get Ellis and the unprotected first?

Look.

I don't care about Foyle's contract as much as I care about a complete team that can compete effectively.

Capspace is worthless if you can't bring in free agents, so don't give me the gabb about flexibility.

Moreover, 3 years is short.

So if we can get Ellis and the 2007 pick unprotected, you betcha I would take Foyle!

• Premium Member

So that's 30 million by Hawkfanatics number.

I have ready 6 year 42 million dollar deal... But anyway.

Why would I spend roughly 28 million for Foyle over the next 3 years.

Simple.

Monta Ellis and the first round pick.

If NOTHING ElSE. These two represent great Assets that can either be used or traded for something greater.

Also... Nobody has convinced me that we can't use Foyle. So that's filling three needs. Giving us an opportunity to get a Superstar in the strongest draft since Wade's draft. Giving us the opportunity to give our team some usable Depth.

now tell me...

Other than your need to get the most for your money, what is it about this trade that is so wrong that it somehow HURT the Hawks..

Show me how it Hurts the Hawks?

Quote:

OK, yesterday, it was that it's not a 6 year 42 million dollar deal. That started in 2004.

It isn't, and you have been proven wrong.

Quote:

Today..

It's not what you even say it is...

Funny!

I just re-read what you said, I read over it too quick the first time. That is what it is for the rest of the contract is.

So have you finally decided you are wrong about Foyle's contract? I saw your post on Warriorsworld, funny how no one responded to such a dumb question and how everyone there, who watches him all the time, say he is a piece of sh*t. I guess they don't have the knowledge of the great Diesel on Foyle.

I can't believe somebody is still pushing Foyle. It is more about being right at this point than logical.

Foyle would be assinine. BK is generally pretty crappy. That may mean we end up eating a scrub like Foyles contract. If you have to eat somebody's bad deal...make surre they can play some. Like Murphy. I don't want him but he can play some. Foyle just sucks.

It's like trying to get someone to go out with a hideous 400 lb woman. If you throw in a good personality and a great car...it still ain't worth it.

• Premium Member

Tell me, what's so bad about Foyle if we get Ellis and next years first?

Pete... you can't do the simple. I guess it's that one track mind.. BUT AnSWER THE ABOVE QUESTION if you can.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Gotta give Belkin some credit on this one for doing something good for the franchise for once.

Did anyone, including Belkin, really think the franchise was going to do anything but decrease in value as long as those restrictions were set???

He's full of himself, but that doesn't make him stupid. Let's give credit when credit's due... and only when credit is due... that hasn't happened yet.

I am about as anti-Belkin as they come but I do think that there is some real value to him if he wants to be bought out to having the teams restricted like that. It makes life that much less bearable for the Spirit Group and just gives him more leverage in a buyout. If he ultimately wants to own the team, then there is more reason to allow semi-normal transactions. I think I would rather have us limited to one year deals for the next season and have Belkin gone than to see us be able to operate more normally and have him take over at the end, though.

• Moderators

Quote:

OK, yesterday, it was that it's not a 6 year 42 million dollar deal. That started in 2004.

Today..

It's not what you even say it is...

Funny!

Just to be clear, I cut and paste the remaining years from the contract HawksFanatic listed instead of the whole post because the past years really aren't relevant to the current issue.

He hasn't changed his stance on this.

• Premium Member

You should have been here a couple of months ago before we traded Diaw...

Would you like me to pull up the Fan's take?

Point is, in every deal there's some risk and some reward, I believe the reward for us is better than the risk. Mainly because we're not expecting Foyle to be our starting C unlike GS. Moreover, he excels at something we need. BUT most importantly, you can't deny that getting Ellis and the First is a great REWARD For taking his contract.

Since you didn't get it the first time I'll give it to you again. If your going to take back a bad contract...get a guy that can play at least a little. Like Murphy. Do I want Murphy? NO. But he can play some.

Foyle sucks. Bad. He doesn't bring squat to the table. If you HAVE to take back big money...get some kind of VALUE...maybe even a guy you can trade down the line if you have to...Foyle can't be traded. That joke would be on us.

Quote:

You should have been here a couple of months ago before we traded Diaw...

Would you like me to pull up the Fan's take?

Point is, in every deal there's some risk and some reward, I believe the reward for us is better than the risk. Mainly because we're not expecting Foyle to be our starting C unlike GS. Moreover, he excels at something we need. BUT most importantly, you can't deny that getting Ellis and the First is a great REWARD For taking his contract.

You are a moron. You have never even seen Foyle play besides when we play against the Warriors. These people see him play every game. Unlike Boris, he gets playing time and sucks ass.

Diesel put down the crack pipe. The only thing that sucks worse than Foyle's game is his contract.