• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

My message to Childress (I will be flamed badly)

SmittyandGaylock

Are we supposed to be impressed that you acted like an ass and sent a player we like some ignorant hate mail?

I don't get it.

The man had one of the highest field goal percentages in the entire NBA, and nearly 40% of his shots come on jumpers. Hell his effective FG% is .508 on jumpers. Compare that to .476% for Michael Redd for instance.

Stole my thunder there. That's been my main problem with Childress. Being able to create, pull, and fire from the perimeter is one of the main prerequisites to being a successful NBA shooting guard. That's the difference between being Jason Richardson and being Dion Glover. Any schmoe from Krunch Fitness and Run 'N Shoot can hit half his shots from outside if left wide open like Childress is during games. It's the other skill that I have yet to see from Childress; if he establishes that, he'll be even more valuable to the team.

The thing is i don't think he lack of ability to create is that important on this team.

The Hawks have lot of guys who can shoot from the perimeter and with Al gone the ball movement will be much faster which will give Chill more open looks. Plus having Speedy will help the fast break where Chill is very effective.

Overall I don't really have a problem with Chill on offense. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if his scoring goes up noticably next year.

It is his defense that I have a big problem with.

Quote:

He has a facebook account so I sent him this message and hopefully he reads it.

I respect the fact that you give your all on the court and play hard everynight, but what is with your jumpshot? It looks like you are trying to push a tumor off your chest or doing a bad Shawn Marion imitation. The only way you can step up ya game is by changing that ugly junk and hitting the weightroom. Whenever you shoot a three ball every Hawks fan besides myself holds their breath that it atleast hits rim.

Do you even realize what you've done????

Now Chill is gonna ask Billy to leave,, great job mister.

Do you really think he cares what you have told him???? shocked.gif

• Premium Member

You're a simple, pathetic, ass with no tact or respect...and apparently very little knowledge of the game if this is the "advice" you sent to Childress.

My advice to you? Get another screen name if you want to be taken seriously at the Squawk.

BTW - Going forward, I can't see a damn thing you type.

Quote:

What is with the "Gaylock" monicker? Mookie rocked.

An even more important question would be "why is 'gay' considered a slur?"

Quote:

...It looks ugly, but who freaking cares? Rick Barry used to shoot free throws granny style and he was a career 90% free throw shooter...

Well I'm not dissin JC - but truth is - nodoby can block a free throw. You don't have to create your own shot on a free throw - bad analogy IMO.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

...It looks ugly, but who freaking cares? Rick Barry used to shoot free throws granny style and he was a career 90% free throw shooter...

Well I'm not dissin JC - but truth is - nodoby can block a free throw. You don't have to create your own shot on a free throw - bad analogy IMO.

The point of the analogy was who cares if it looks ugly if it is effective. If you don't think JC is an effective shooter then that undermines the comparison.

Quote:

...The point of the analogy was who cares if it looks ugly if it is effective. If you don't think JC is an effective shooter then that undermines the comparison.

Yeah but you can't compare free throws to in-game shots. Barry had a great high relese jump-shot, to the point that everyone always wondered why he still shot free throws the way he did.

I agree with the "who cares if it looks ugly if it is effective" part but part of my point was that...you have to be able to get it off under defensive pressure. If you can only shoot when wide open - it's not working as well as it could.

I did see JC make a few new moves towards the end of the season last year on a midrange shot. That could really help his overall game.

Quote:

Yeah but you can't compare free throws to in-game shots.

I am not, it is a comparison of form to function. Ignore the in-game shot to free-throw shot, you are completely missing the point if you do that.