• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Mike James signs with T Wolves, could that mean...

flava

we might be able to sign marcus banks to a 3 mil/year deal for 3-5 years. banks could continue to develop as a backup to claxton and lue.

another signing that might fill a need would be lorenzen wright as a backup C. he'd offer more than batista and edwards combined and could play some PF if needed. his attitude wasn't always the best with the hawks but he's had a number of years to mature...

flava

i've been on the marcus banks bandwagon...he's young and played well when given minutes in minny last year..but you wonder why they didn't try to sign him.

if he could get his shot down a bit more, he'd be a great choice.

but i still would like to add him over royal ivey. sorry royal.

I liked Banks over Speedy for a couple reasons, but understand some of the decision to sign him, and am Ok with it. Part of it was uncertainty over whether T-Wolves resign or not. Love to have him as a backup/push starter but wonder if he would accept that role for a few years. Should be some bargains around since almost all the players are done/capped out.

Quote:

Who gives a sh*t about who the 4th pg is. We have

Speedy

Lue

Ivey

Salim

If we have to play a 4th PG then we are in serious trouble.

we really need an upgrade over Lue and Ivey. also i don't believe Salim is going to work out as a PG. i truly believe either you've got it or you don't referring to the skillset of a PG.

not that this guy is the answer. i'm hoping for a big move by Billy this week.

Quote:

Are you saying that Ty Lue is not a good backup PG?

what i'm saying is Lue can't defend the ball. are you guys thinking that Speedy is the end-all answer for our PG situation? you must because he's the only new element to the equation from last year, and for a year we have all been beating on the walls here talking about how our PG play has stunk.

in short i think Salim is a role player, ala Steve Kerr.

Ivey should not be on an NBA roster.

Lue should be our third stringer.

just my opinion. i'm still thinking we can make a playoff run with the roster as it is today.

• Premium Member

Quote:

are you guys thinking that Speedy is the end-all answer for our PG situation?

Yes, as is 99% of the national and local media.

What gives?

(Speedy has wanted to be a starter nearly his entire career, and only got a brief chance in GS).

it has stunk...but we don't need John Stockton to be a playoff team...the real key for us making the playoffs are bigs who rebound and defend.

A Speedy/Johnson backcourt with Lue as a backup actually could be enough to contend in three years, depending on what happens UP FRONT.

Any time a team where JT starts at the point can make it to the finals...I am cool with Speedy for 4 years.

Quote:

it has stunk...but we don't need John Stockton to be a playoff team...the real key for us making the playoffs are bigs who rebound and defend.

A Speedy/Johnson backcourt with Lue as a backup actually could be enough to contend in three years, depending on what happens UP FRONT.

Any time a team where JT starts at the point can make it to the finals...I am cool with Speedy for 4 years.

i agree a center is a more pressing need.

is the market not absurd for anyone over 6'10"?

Quote:

Could this team contend in two years?

Claxton/Lue

JJ/Salim

MW/Chills

Smoove/Shelden

Camby/ZZ/Jackie Butler

Well I like the looks of it (considering Camby still has life in him)...besides, the one thing this team is built for is the future. Hopefully SOl-J will be able to contribute in 2 years also.