• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I believe Indiana has best straight trade for Al

KB21

Quote:

Um... Bender retired if I'm not Mistaken...

Yes I know that(hence why I talked about whether he was approved for medical retirement by the league or not). But we traded for a retired Terrell Brandon before, Jamal Mashburn was traded after he retired. It is common practice and we aren't interested in Bender, we are interested in his contract.

Quote:

I would want Foster and Harrison as well as a 1st

It would work capwise.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Of course, Jeff Foster by himself won't be enough salary to make the deal, so the Hawks would probably have to take one of Indy's three point guards in the deal. Either Tinsley, Jasekivus, or Johnson. Tinsley has the longer contract, but he's the better player by far when he's healthy.

We have Speedy, Lue, Royal, and Salim and JJ as "kinda" PGs. Why on earth would we be taking on one of their PGs? It just doesn't make sense unless we turn around and trade one of ours.

I think you are right about Indy, but wrong with the players. It would have to be Foster, Bender, and a 1st. We would be pretty damn close to the cap in that situation, so maybe we would have to throw Edwards back at them. I don't know if Bender has a league approved medical reason for retiring, but if he does that means his salary goes away mid-season. If he isn't approved, then we could use that big expiring contract to make a mid-season trade.

I concur with the Bender idea, but I also have gotten the (possibly false) impression that with Speedy's acquisition, there is a hope to move Lue and insert a taller PG (read Jasikevicius). And too, Bird is rumored to have been marketing Jasik in the off-season.

Now, does that mean Lue would go to IND?... I can't see that b/c they're more loaded w/ PG-types than almost anyone now that they picked up Greene off waivers. Lue would have to go in a separate trade in that case.

Salary-wise Jasik and Foster are about 9.5 mil, and that might also be a point of contention -- that may lie just beyond what IND or GS are willing to pony up for Al.