• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Update in AL Denver rumor

NJHAWK

That S.F. paper has clarified the fact that Denver would be the 3rd team in the deal and not competition for AL. I checked hoopshype for some Denver salaries and they just have blanks after Andre Millers salary spots after this seasons 8.3 mil. I think that means he is signed all those years after but the $$$ is not disclosed yet. If he is its more than 4 years so forget him. Camby is however signed for 4 more years so he is ok for A DEAL provided the teams agree. However the most logical guys on Denvers part of this deal would be either the expiring contract of Ruben Patterson who makes over 7mil or Ed Najerea who makes over 4mil this year and next. Maybe we wind up with Ed Najera/Pietrus and a #1 pick or Patterson/Pietrus and a #1. Najera is 6"8 and thats BK'S perfect size, lol. He plays tough d and hits the boards pretty good. Patterson is a better scorer but 3 boards per game in 30 minutes, thats terrible.

Patterson's character doesn't match the profile Billy is looking for in a player though. I don't think Atlanta would take on Rueben Patterson simply for that fact.

I still think any deal, three way or not, will have Andris Biedrins coming to Atlanta. The Hawks, I believe it was Bernie Mullin, have stated that they are looking for a young, big man in this sign and trade deal. I think Andris Biedrins will be their target if they make a deal with Golden State.

Also, in July of 2003, Andre Miller signed a 6 year, $51 million contract with Denver. He only has 3 years remaining on his deal.

Thanks for clearing that up about Miller. I still think we dont go for him because Speedy would be an expensive backup. I think Knight said he was our starting pg anyhow. Your right about Patterson but we need a cap filler and he only has 1 year left. It would be a last resort but its better than taking on Foyles deal.

Well if your talking about Najera I wouldnt call him garbage. He can d up on big men and husles on the boards. Since our best 2 post defenders are the 2 guys we just drafted I highly doubt BK waives Najera.

Quote:

Elson cant happen cause he was signed to an offer sheet by the Spurs.

What I read is that he was offered an offer sheet. It was Elson and Butler that both got offers from the Spurs. I heard nothing about them actually signing though.

I believe that's meant to read:

Elson has signed an offer sheet.. but we are able to match that offer.. he didnt sign with the team yet

However I believe he's wrong because if they match the contract, they can't trade him for a while. I don't believe they can do a SNT like they could have if Elson had not signed an offer sheet.

• Premium Member

I think fanatic's got it right... the offers are there, but I don't believe there's any word that Elson has actually signed it yet.

For the life of me, I've been up and down the rosters here, and while I'm sure there must be something, I can't find any combination that makes even remote sense for all three of these teams.

I'm with KB, and evidently Sekou... if I had to wager, my money is on a straight-up with IND, along the lines of Foster/AJohnson/draft pick.

Quote:

I believe that's meant to read:

Elson has signed an offer sheet.. but we are able to match that offer.. he didnt sign with the team yet

However I believe he's wrong because if they match the contract, they can't trade him for a while. I don't believe they can do a SNT like they could have if Elson had not signed an offer sheet.

Once an offer sheet is signed, then the team who owns the rights to the RFA has 7 days to match. If they don't match then the other team gets him. If they do match then the team with its rights has him and cannot trade him for like 6 months. But anyway once an offer sheet is actually signed, then there can be no S&T.

Elson just recieved an offer, he hasn't signed.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories...en.705e1cd.html

Quote:

I'm with KB, and evidently Sekou... if I had to wager, my money is on a straight-up with IND, along the lines of Foster/AJohnson/draft pick.

If we do do it straight up, I agree that Indy makes most sense. I would rather have a GS pick, but Foster at his price would be way, waaaay better than foyle at his price

Quote:

I still think any deal, three way or not, will have Andris Biedrins coming to Atlanta. The Hawks, I believe it was Bernie Mullin, have stated that they are looking for a young, big man in this sign and trade deal. I think Andris Biedrins will be their target if they make a deal with Golden State.

I think, if we haven't learned already, we need to take quotes like this with a grain of salt. Remember when BK said that we didn't want a short PG because we already have Lue and Salim. Then we signed Speedy Claxton.

They may be in the market for a young big, but might not be able to cut a deal to land us one. It could also end up being Elson from Denver.