• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bernie M. Just said...

Diesel

Not so sure that "banging" is the direction we need to go. The league is changing. Gotta be able to keep up the pace. I understand the need for interior defense, but I get the feeling that management may have faith that Zaza can learn better defense along with the team. Let's not forget that Zaza was on an island a lot last year and that the team overall played poor defense making him look worse than I think he may be. It started at the PG position and then it broke down from there.

I am not in the Murphy hate camp (I actually kinda dig him outside of injuries), but there are better players out there to be sure. I am not sure if Magliore with an expiring contract is what we need. We may be renting him for a year. Plus, I think there is a red flag there if Milwaukee trades an actual center after a year for a SF/PF that truly isn't that good on D (Al). Why so eager to get rid of JM?

But what do I know? I am just waiting for anything to go down and get it out of the way so we can look towards the season.

Quote:

Not so sure that "banging" is the direction we need to go. The league is changing...

The western conference is changing (or has changed) but the eastern conference finals still featured two teams that bang and likely will next year too. Most eastern conference wannabees are also beefing up to be competitive. I think we at least need to be able to bang to some degree so we don't get run over in the paint. Besides, if we do make the playoffs - playoff basketball in the east usually gets even more 1/2-court oriented. Even with a perimeter oriented team, we would have to be somewhat tough in the middle to have a chance.