• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Joe Johnson just said what we were getting..

TexasPete

JJ was quoted in a brief interview as saying that we were in the process of acquiring a big guy who could "pick and pop"...He then described what he meant...a big guy who can set solid screens and then roll and knock down open jumpers. I heard the quotes on 790.

So, who can pick and pop? Murphy comes to mind...I know that his contract is 5 years but he is certainly a pick and pop kind of guy. Biedrins? Maybe. Foster is not known for knocking down shots from outside maybe because he rarely shoots.

Any opinions?

Murphy doesn't fit the contract criteria unless Belkin signed off. He does pick and pop...he isn't the only one though.

JJ certainly sounded like he was talking about an aquisition. He said we were looking for a big that could pick and pop. The "looking" part makes it seem for the AL deal.

• Premium Member

Biedrins offensive game is not that polished.

I would take it to be somebody that may have not been discussed as intimately.

Magloire?

Kmart?

Boozer?

You know it would be a bad day in Hawkland if we got KMart. I know that BK really liked Kmart but come on... this guy is not worth it!

Offensively, Murphy would be ideal for what Woodsen is trying to do. Last year the Pick and Pop with ZaZa was fruitless at best. I love ZaZa's hustle and heart but watching him put in on the floor from 12 feet out was just painful. The only thing more painful was watching that 12 foot shot. That is one glaring weakness we had missing Collier last year.

I am not saying Murphy is the answer or if we can even get him with the 5 year contract. He would fit the offense however. Defensively, that is another story.

I heard the quote on the radio this morning during a news break. It was like 10-15 seconds long and was a soundbite. It was just JJ talking about what the Hawks were trying to get done. My guess is that he is in the loop and was stating what he had heard.

BK isn't going to say anything so the best way to learn what may happen is through other sources who may not have their guard up all the time. JJ was very specific in his pick and pop big man description. That's all I've got.

Quote:

I heard the quote on the radio this morning during a news break. It was like 10-15 seconds long and was a soundbite. It was just JJ talking about what the Hawks were trying to get done. My guess is that he is in the loop and was stating what he had heard.

BK isn't going to say anything so the best way to learn what may happen is through other sources who may not have their guard up all the time. JJ was very specific in his pick and pop big man description. That's all I've got.

JJ pretty much left us with nothing to go on grin.gif