• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Impressive.

Diesel

Quote:

Click here -Roy

Click here = Bargnani

I'm thinking Bargnani will take some time. He doesn't rebound.

Click - Aldridge

Aldridge needs to improve rebounding.

Shelden Williams better average 10 rpg in SL.

Why is it that Sheldon has to prove himself from day 1...

and Marvin has been in the league for a whole year and still has nothing to prove?

i dont think Sheldon has anything to prove it's just a matter of getting used to life in the NBA.

All of our young guys have alot to prove not just Marvin. But Marvin has the most to prove because he showed me nothing to get excited about him last year.

• Premium Member

Oh, I don't put much stock into SL as I have said many times. I just want to see Shelden do better than Bargnani and Aldridge.

To bad #3 is so busy looking at all my posts trying to find fault with them that he miss the big picture!

Quote:

Oh, I don't put much stock into SL as I have said many times. I just want to see Shelden do better than Bargnani and Aldridge.

To bad #3 is so busy looking at all my posts trying to find fault with them that he miss the big picture!

too bad i missed the class taught by the penguin suit on how to not elongate a thread. otherwise i'd prove my point.

it's also too bad the penguin suit missed the english class our friend "twentythree" from Turkey attended.

• Premium Member

R U Upset?

I see anger in your typestrokes.

Notice. I talk about basketball.

What are you talking about teke?

Oh.

Your favorite subject?

Dieselogy 207?

Class is in teke.

Sit down for this refresher...

Your analysis on anything Hawks is so weak.

You actually try to base your points on the flavor and opinion of the board?? I noted that earlier. It was my comedy of the day.

I'm tired of you weak willed, soft sacked jokers trying to gain some board love by trying to diss Diesel.

If you really want to diss diesel... try this.

Make a relevant, interesting point about Hawks basketball.

Instead of the constant nut hugging me too that you continue to do.

Is it possible.

Can teke really say something relevant and interesting??

I don't know.

How about this.

Just try to say something funny? At least that would entertain the average squawker some.

But you constantly following me around like a newborn puppy is pathetic.

Try these three things:

1. Get a girl.

2. Get Smart.

3. Get a life.

Because there's NO SOUP FOR YOU here!

LOL @ Diesel

You try posting something relevant to Hawks' basketball.

I'm not the one spamming the board!

unfortunately I won't be

1. getting a girl

2. getting smart (i'm talking to the penguin suit who just regurgitates the same 10 posts daily with different names in them)

3. getting a life

until 9 when i get off work. until then keep the spam coming!

Portland really seems to have a nice rookie class - Roy and Aldridge are a great start to building a winning team. Through in Jack, Webster and Pryz and they have something there.

Bargnani is a foul machine. That may limit his minutes and production this season as he gets used to the NBA.

Quote:

With Foye here, it would the same tired garbage...Hawks need a point...Foye is a sg in a pgs body...they still can't play d...bunch of parts that don't fit...Foye can score but.....blah blah blah

And those comments, as much as I love Foye, probably would be accurate. I think I'm happier with Speedy and Shelden than Foye!

right, but I don't build a team to please critics, I try to build a winner. Winning silences critics eventually. I think that with JJ as long as our PG can handle the rock and play D, he doesn't have to be a pure point.

Certainly I'll take Speedy+Shelden over Foye, but I might take Foye+Magloire, Foye+Wilcox, or Foye+some other big guy we could have had over Speedy+Shelden. Either way, Speedy is a very good fit and I'm happy with the fit.

But for instance if we now trade for Magloire, and had drafted Foye

Foye/Lue

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Chill

Smith

Magloire/Zaza

looks perfect to me. I like Shelden, it's just that his presence means that with him one of him, Marvin, or Smith will not be a long term starter, whereas Foye could have been a long term starter next to JJ-Marvin-Smith. But oh well, it's over

Quote:

...I like Shelden, it's just that his presence means that with him one of him, Marvin, or Smith will not be a long term starter,

Well why not? That would mean that Shelden would be better than one of them (if he's starting in front) - and to build that winner you have to start your best players instead of worrying about playing time for favorites.

Actually, I don't think it's a done deal that Shelden starts at the 4 immediately. It wouldn't surprise me...but he could back up both the 4 and the 5 initially.

I think you misunderstood me. I'm not saying Shelden is starting. I'm saying that in the long run, one of the three (marvin, shelden, smith) is not starting. Which is fine for now, and is manageable in the future, but maybe not the best option when you could have picked up a long term starter.

Basically I'm saying as of right now we have 3 excellent starters for the future (JJ and 2 of marvin-smith-shelden), when we could have 4 excellent starters for the future (foye-JJ-marvin-smith). I understand our need for size and defense, and that it's harder to find serviceable big men than it is to find serviceable PG's, but I still would have liked Foye.

around 2 pm i had a moment of clarity. i was wasting my time Dieseling (spamming) the board with you. I was in a neck and neck race with Diesel for the "Hawksquawk Loser of the Day" award.

i decided enough was enough. i went home and took my daughter to the pool for an hour.

i feel much better now. On top of that it leaves you as the only horse left in the race.

Congratulations Diesel, you will always be a "winner."

P.S. my apologies to the rest of the board for saying what most of you are thinking. my bad grin.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

right, but I don't build a team to please critics, I try to build a winner. Winning silences critics eventually. I think that with JJ as long as our PG can handle the rock and play D, he doesn't have to be a pure point.

No GM has forever to build his team. A GM has to make decision to WIN... and to put off winning for more talent duplication is not a winning philosophy when you consider that you only have players for a certain window of their career (in most cases).

I think the speculation of getting Wilcox or Magloire is just as bad (meaning uncertain) as it was getting Nene. During the draft, everybody pointed to Nene being an easy acquisition to cover our big man defecit. Well, we see how that worked out. I think BK did the smart thing in taking the BIRD in his hand, completing the team rather than needless duplication.