• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

the wait is over! Hawks tip off tonight!

gsuteke

Quote:

According to the Utah radio station guide...KBER 101.1FM will join the game in progress at 6pm (i guess that is mtn time so 8pm here). KBER has live streaming audio on their website but I can't get it to work on my machine here at work.

(maybe not a problem...I can't get 790thezone to work on these old pieces of cr#p either).

Not on KBER.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are down 12 at the Half...Marvin looks decent. Shelden was said to be non-existent on both ends of the floor. Nice. I would expect that his offense would take a little time because he doesn't have much other than power...but the defense sounds disappointing.

Regardless of how the summer league turns out with Shelden I realize that its just summer league. I also realize that this guy started 4 years and was supposed to step in a help right away. So if the summer league doesn't go particularly well for him...don't expect him to start for Marvin.

Guys like Roy, Foye, Morrison, and Foye all did what they had to do in the summer. Careers aren't made in the summer. But looking poor in the summer is a sign that you have a guy that needs some time to develop.

For the record I hated the pick because I wanted Foye...and I felt like Shelden couldn't just overpower NBA players like he did in the ACC. His low block moves aren't great. This will all play out..but don't expect 12 and 10 like some of you have predicted. And I could care less about his summer...he isn't ready for that and that was clear to the top 4 teams who never considered him for a nanosecond.

Yeah. Foye played GREAT defense, shot the ball well, and took it with ease to the rack. He outplayed Roy...BK just made his last mistake and I don't need the Rocky Mountain Revue to prove it.

I just heard an NBA analyst that said that Deron Williams was doing it and that he is clearly the best player on the floor to include Marvin. Just reporting what I'm hearing.

I predict Shelden will take awhile...Marvin will easily start.

One of the Jazz players got tossed for fouling Marvin hard...for the second time. The player dragged Marvin by the jersey to the floor.

55-36 Jazz.

relax TexasPete...first game of the summer, shelden not playing well, and you AUTOMATICALLY start using the thread to gloat how you never liked the pick in the first place...wait till midseason to do that and use this thread to talk about the game.