• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

article about this week's practice

gsuteke

This is an unexpected encouragement...

Quote:

Williams drew praise from Woodson by hitting a 15-foot jumper when left unguarded, a shot he rarely saw while playing for Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski.

Thanks for the article. Nice reading.

Quote:

This is an unexpected encouragement...

Quote:

Williams drew praise from Woodson by hitting a 15-foot jumper when left unguarded, a shot he rarely saw while playing for Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski.

Thanks for the article. Nice reading.

you're welcome.

the thing is Shelden kept talking up his offense during and immediately after the draft. i think that's the big part of his game that will make the Post-Al trasition a little smoother.

Quote:

I think this is another reason why this staff did not want Shelden to continue workouts, maybe they feared that if teams found out about his offensive potential, he may not be there at 5.

We will see.

Shelden wasn't a 'sexy' pick. he would have been there i think regardless.

hey good for us is how i look at it. i wanted Roy but he probably would have been duplication of JJ.

Quote:

Marvin Williams (6-9, 228), who also can play small forward and shooting guard.

Anybody else suprised to see Marvin mentioned as a Shooting Guard? Offensivley I think he would be fine, but I really don't think he has the quickness to guard an SG in the NBA. I wonder where this writer picked up this talk? Is it coming from Woody, or is he just pulling this out his ars?

Quote:

I think this is another reason why this staff did not want Shelden to continue workouts, maybe they feared that if teams found out about his offensive potential, he may not be there at 5.

We will see.

this is the most logical explanation i have heard yet for why we promised shelden early on

Quote:

Grrrrrrrrrrrr. I'm really anxious to hear SOMETHING about Andersen's status. That could change what we need.

Don't know that we will hear something about Andersen. Did you read the post from the guy in Australia? He basically said that it's questionable whether or not Andersen is an NBA caliber player, and mentioned the other Australian big that didn't cut it, Chris Antsey.

Point is whether he comes over or not, he probably won't be a good player. We'll see.

Quote:

...Did you read the post from the guy in Australia? He basically said that it's questionable whether or not Andersen is an NBA caliber player,...

Plus I've read on some posts that Andersen is a star over there with a pretty good contract. Were I he, I don't know that I'd want to come over here for a few more dollars and be a backup. It's not like the guy is trying to get out of the projects.