• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Boxscore of the game is up

jeddelong

I guess what I was trying to say is that the market is there. However, because so much of Atlanta are transplants from other cities and states, we have to put out a winning product before people will attach themselves to the team.

Look at the Falcons for example. No sellouts until Vick came into the picture and we went to the playoffs a couple times. Now there's a waiting list for tickets. The city will embrace the team when we start winning.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I hate the Shelden pick and I've been downing Pepto-Bismol ever since Stern announced the obvious pick, I'm ready to support him as a Hawk. That being said, I do not focus on Summer League games all that much, but it still is a vehicle for many signs. Last year my almost favorite player - Marvin, looked lost as hell. And he did throughout the first quarter of the season. As time went on, he showed the talent and this year it's a matter of maturing just like Josh Smith did.

Shelden, probably will look like crap on several occasions. It's just disconcerting that he's supposed to be ready - PERIOD. It's just the summer leagues, I know...I'm willing to bet he has better games leading up to preseason and the season. I honestly think Roy and Foye are going to be what I envisioned....but Shelden can be what BK and Hawksquawkers think he can be!

Quote:

Lost in all the gnashing of teeth is the fact that points in the paint were tied 30-30. So that either means...

A) Guards dominate summer league

or

B) Our interior defense was much improved

...or both. Either way it portends to a more positive outlook for Sheldon than simply griping, "8 & 5 in summer league: BUST!"

great observation.