• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Game 2 Up: Marvin = 30 pts, 10 assists, 10 rebound

Nicholasp27

Quote:

Quote:

What's he ever done to make him NBA worthy?

Depends on what you mean "worthy"?

Evidently he played well enough in one season to merit an extended contract. I don't think anyone's expectations are greater than him being a solid role player getting a few minutes each game. Nothing wrong with that.

He has shown that he has a nice motor, and can frustrate, if not confuse, the man he's guarding. If nothing else he's good for six fouls on a great post player.

Just because he's limited doesn't mean he's not worthy of playing in the league.

All he can do is foul people. Heck, you and I could do that.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Do you think you could score 30 points and grab 15 rebounds in the FIBA Americas?

I think when Batista fouls someone they have potential to not return to the game, or even get put on IR for a few weeks. That has to count for something.

When he scores 30 points and grabs 15 rebounds in the NBA then we'll talk. I care about what he can or can't do in the NBA. if he was any freakin good he'd get off the bench every once and while.

Why does he have to do that?

All he has to do to be worthy of a roster spot is give you 10-15 minutes when the real players get in foul trouble. Most teams have 3 centers on the roster. He doesn't have to score 30 points to be worthy of one of those spots.

He just has to be better than about 85 other stiffs. There are so many bigs that really suck right now, and I'm not gonna worry if Batista is much better than them or not.

Quote:

Why does he have to do that?

All he has to do to be worthy of a roster spot is give you 10-15 minutes when the real players get in foul trouble. Most teams have 3 centers on the roster. He doesn't have to score 30 points to be worthy of one of those spots.

He just has to be better than about 85 other stiffs. There are so many bigs that really suck right now, and I'm not gonna worry if Batista is much better than them or not.

It appears he can't even do that. Even with the Hawks lack of depth at center he averaged 8.7MPG in 56 games.