• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Texas Pete is right...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Any time somebody sucks in a Summer League game, you can call it a day for their career. I know that there have been people who fall out of the norm in the past like Tim Duncan and Charlie V. and Raymond Felton.. but never mind them.. they will suck afterwhile too.

We need to get only the guys who dominate Summer league. BK ought to be fired and ML Carr should trade for Raja Bell.. i say trade Marvin for Bell because Marvin sucked during his first summer league and Carr ought to pick up Dion Glover. Nobody lit up a Summer League like Dion Glover. Dion Glover was practically Jordan out there.

The rest of yall suckers don't know. It's all about Summer league. If you can't make it in Summer league.. Then the hell with you!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

All Hail Texas Pete and his wisdom...

Get rid of Everybody who Sucked in Summer league...

lb_games_logo.gif

And we should get only those who excelled at Summerleague.

Therefore I propose we trade Marvin Williams for Kwame Brown...

Quote:

Rookie forward Kwame Brown, the top pick in this year's NBA's Draft, exploded for 27 points and nine rebounds to lead the Washington Wizards to their first win in this year's Shaw's Pro Summer League, a 78-74 triumph over the Seattle SuperSonics.

Washington led by five at the half when Brown took over. He scored eight points in the first two minutes of the third quarter to extend the Wizards' lead to nine. The Wizards shot 50 percent (10-20 FG) in the third quarter in which they outscored the Sonics 21-12, and led by 14 after three. Seattle (2-2) mounted a late fourth quarter comeback led by center Predrag Drobhjak who scored nine of his 15 points in the final two and a half minutes of the game to pull Seattle to within four points. But Wizards forward David Vanterpool hit six key free throws in the final 39.8 seconds to ice the victory.

Brown who is averaging 16.7 ppg, led the Wizards attack while Desmond Mason led the Sonics with 17 points. Washington controlled the boards, out-rebounding Seattle 21-12.

This summer league stuff tells me that Kwame Brown will be a great player and live up to his pick. The same can't be said about Marvin.

Trade Shelden Williams for a pick and let's get Glover in here.

• Premium Member

That's right!!!

That hot sauce can make your forehead sweet. Also he makes a pretty good Jalepeno Sauce too.

trap_jala.gif

OK I couldn't find the picture, but if you run across it, you should try it. I like it and I'm not even Mexican.

But Just image the lineup we can have with Texas Pete's direction!!

Salim Stoudamire

Dion Glover

JChillz

Kwame Brown

Hanno Mottola

I think this team can win it all!!!

Texas Pete for GM!!

The 1st guy on your all TexasPete team is the main reason all the Hawks bigs are suffering in the summer league..Salim can create for himself, or Salim can pass the ball to Marvin and let Marvin drive or shoot..Thats about all..The big guys need a pointguard that can get them the ball in the right position..Thats true at any level of basketball..

Am I a little disapointed in Sheldons numbers, sure, but would he have the same numbers with Speedy running the team, noway..Take the shelfish pointguard play into account and combine that with the fact these are Sheldons 1st professional games in a new system and its easy to see why the numbers are down..Also take into account that Sheldon spent his entire highschool and college career at the 5 and now he's learning to play the NBA 4..Give the guy some time to adjust and give him a chance to play with a real point.

• Premium Member

Didn't you know that just about everything texas Pete says is right. I mean, how could somebody make hot sauce like that and be wrong? And what about the Jalapeno sauce??? And for god sakes, the Salsa and Chilli??? The only person that makes better Salsa is Paul Newman and we know Cool Hand Luke is never wrong!!!

• Premium Member

What are you saying Tmac...

Are you doubting the man that brought us Salsa, Hot Sauce, and Jalapeno sauce??

How can you have a superbowl party without Texas Pete?? I swear by the texas Pete Buffalo wing sauce...

What would superbowls be without TP.

He has to be right!!!

Listen to Pete, he will tell you that the PG has nothing to do with the Center. He'll tell you that just because a guy goes to the FT line 10 times it doesn't mean that he was aggressive. Listen to Pete, there's Wisdom from all those sweet Peppers up there in his Brain. He's knows something good when he sees it. I bet Texas Pete doesn't even test his sauce formulas. Just like Basketball Players, he can just go by his gut feeling and he's right most of the time!!

You guys should hail TP!

Quote:

You know what Cool Hand Luke would have said to TexasPete..

"What we have here, is a failure to communicate"...

One of my all time favorite movies right there!

I wouldnt mess with him b/c they call him Texas Pete, he's the king of the rhumba beat, when he plays the maracas he goes chick chicky boom, chick chicky boom.

Quote:

Any time somebody sucks in a Summer League game, you can call it a day for their career.

Uh-huh, this coming from the man who was dissing Patrick O'Bryant after struggling in a whole 2 summer league games. Sorry bud, but I've gotta call BS on this one. eyes.gif

Diesel, Disel, Diesel- we really need to work on being realistic about things, and learning how to place events in their proper context and perspective, don't we? Cause what's good for the goose is good for the gander, isn't it?

• Premium Member

I see no deviation in what I said then and what I am saying now. Texas Pete is right...

You don't need a whole season to find out if a player sucks. Give him one or two summer league games and there you go??

If I didn't know better Seano, i would think you were just being disagreeable to be disagreeable??

Quote:

If I didn't know better Seano, i would think you were just being disagreeable to be disagreeable??

C'mon now buddy, let's be realistic here. You are obviously making an attempt to be snide and sarcastic in response to what Texas Pete is saying- right? Or do you really believe that one or two games in summer league is an accurate indicator of a player's future potential? Because if that's the case, then I'm sorry- but I'm afraid I just can't help you. laugh.gif