• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Foye vs. Roy - Read and weep

jerrywest

With all this Randy Foye talk it got me wondering what is Minnesota's lineup gonna be.

They have Ricky Davis, Marko Jaric, Mike James, Troy Hudson, Trenton Hassell, Rashaad McCants and Foye. That's a lot of guards. Davis could start at the 3. James has to start at the PG. So do you start Foye or McCants (who averaged 16 points the last month and 11 the month before)? I'm guessing they start the year off like this...

James/Foye/Hudson/Jaric

McCants/Foye/Hassell/Jaric

Davis/Jaric

KG/Griffin

Blount/Mavrokefalidis

They really ought to try some Villanova 4 guard stuff with KG as the only big man on the floor...it'll be the only way they get their best five of James/Foye/McCants/Davis/KG out on the floor.

McCants had the dreaded microfracture surgery which means he has a long road ahead of him. He is out for all of next season. It remains to be seen if he will get his explosiveness back. This is never good but a guard loses a lot of what makes them effective. Thats part of the reason they took Foye.

Quote:

Quote:

I also don't understand some people's arguments. They say don't take Foye or Roy because we have Joe Johnson but isn't it true that we used two first round picks to take Josh Smith and Marvin Williams, not to mention Josh Childress? So basically by taking Sheldon Williams are we admitting that taking one of those two players was a mistake? We can't start all 3 so obviously one of these picks was a huge blunder unless one is used in a trade to upgrade elsewhere.

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. We picked Shelden Williams to shore up our defensive frontcourt. No one with half a brain projected Shelden to be more than a decent defensive-oriented role player. On this team he will be a rebounder defender-part time scorer ala Cliff Livingston of old.

We didn't get Roy or Foye because they are not point guards. Speedy Claxton is a pointguard. We also wanted a veteran at the point...Speedy is a veteran.

Why don't you closet Laker fans go troll someone elses thread. Texas Pete, you haven't articulated a cogent point of view since you been on here.

The Hawks better have gotten more then a Cliff Levingston with the 5th pick in the draft.

Quote:

I also don't understand some people's arguments. They say don't take Foye or Roy because we have Joe Johnson but isn't it true that we used two first round picks to take Josh Smith and Marvin Williams, not to mention Josh Childress? So basically by taking Sheldon Williams are we admitting that taking one of those two players was a mistake? We can't start all 3 so obviously one of these picks was a huge blunder unless one is used in a trade to upgrade elsewhere.

I agree with this. I also do not believe being critical of moves made by the team is a bad thing. Are we not supposed to question? Are we supposed to blindly follow?

Quote:

I'm still trying to figure out what position Brandon Roy would play for the Hawks. So many people wanted him, yet the same ones bitched and moaned last year when Billy duplicated the wing positions.

Randy Foye, I can see only in the sense that he may have been able to play point guard along side Joe Johnson. Brandon Roy is a shooting guard though who might be able to play some point in spurts. He is by no means a point guard though, and while I think Randy Foye could play it alongside Joe Johnson, Randy isn't a pure point guard. It looks like the Hawks were actually looking for more of a pure point guard, which is something that I didn't see coming. The word from the draft was that they were trying to move up to get Marcus Williams as he was dropping, and then they signed Speedy Claxton.

Aren't you the one who has repeatedly stated that to have a "pure point guard" on the team would stiffle Joe Johnson by taking the ball out of his hands? Either you change opinions faster then John Kerry or you really have no opinions and rather blindly follow whatever Billy Knight does.

God Damn! You people need to learn how to comprehend what you are reading.

Where in that post did I say it was my opinion that they needed a "pure" point guard?

Quote:

It looks like the Hawks were actually looking for more of a pure point guard, which is something that I didn't see coming.

I even qualified the statement by saying that looking for a pure point guard is something I didn't see coming.

Where did some of you go to school? Because you need to get your money back.

Quote:

God Damn! You people need to learn how to comprehend what you are reading.

Where in that post did I say it was my opinion that they needed a "pure" point guard?

Quote:

It looks like the Hawks were actually looking for more of a pure point guard, which is something that I didn't see coming.

I even qualified the statement by saying that looking for a pure point guard is something I didn't see coming.

Where did some of you go to school? Because you need to get your money back.

So you think it was a bad decision to bring in a "pure point guard"?