• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Draftexpress' analysis ofthe Hawks' game yesterday

herschel4heisman

I know this is just summer league and everything should be aware of that when coming to judgments. As a matter of fact I've been the one defending Shelden by saying Duncan didn't perform well at his 1st summer league and he was dominated by the likes of Greg Ostertag. However, at least he had glimpses. For me summer league is more not looking bad as opposed to looking good. B/c if you perform well in the summer league that doesn't mean you're gonna be good in the NBA b/c most of the guys you are playing against won't be on a team in the fall. Since the comp is weak in summer league, one shouldn't look consistently bad/horrible especially if you are a top 5 pick. I still think Shelden is gonna end up being a good pick for us but I am just saying that I his horrific recults have me concerned. Now here's the recap and analysis from draftexpress:

Shelden Williams: played a little better tonight which is to say he should be able to make a developmental league squad. For the 5th pick in the draft Shelden has looked terrible. He still pulls some rebounds but seem to block shots more by luck than anything else. He isn't bigger and stronger than his competition anymore and it turns out he is slower than almost everyone else on top of that.

http://draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1416

I think Shelden will eventually have to play the 5 spot for us.

Smoove Nowitski KG Kenyon Martin Antoine Walker Sheed Jermaine Oneal...this is what the 4 spot is evolving into...versatile mobile 4s, Shelden will be the new center of the NBA, the Ben Wallace type. What used to be a 4 in the NBA will be 5s.