• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

FA market

DrReality

• Moderators

Quote:

I thought he had agreed to return to Miami.

He has. He is not interested in being a mentor - he just wants to be a role player on a contending team at this point in his career. There is 0% chance he will sign with us, IMO.

Lo Wright could be a possibility, though I'm not sure how he'd feel about coming back.

After that initial flurry of signings in the opening days, the free agent period has really slowed down. That's good, it means there will probably be some bargains out there- maybe even as good a bargain as ZaZa was for us last season.

Quote:

Alonzo is going to end up dying on the basketball court secondary to his kidney condition if he keeps trying to push it. I don't want to see that happen.

Yeah KB...I'm no Doc but I do have reasonable common sense when it comes to pushing things too far. Hopefully Alonzo isn't in a bind $$-wise and will just ease off and retire. It'd be nice to see him be able to have a good long life after his playing years...

Quote:

...After that initial flurry of signings in the opening days, the free agent period has really slowed down...

I can't help but wonder what AL and his agent are thinking right now? Hopefully the Hawks are keeping them in the loop and they're working together to finalize a s-n-t as we post.

If things go bad on this it could further hurt the Hawks' reputation around the league among potential free agents.

I think I saw on realgm this am that the Banks-PHX deal was wrapping up. Doesn't mean it's done though until the paper is signed.

Concerning AL: Is he basically unemployed right now?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Don't go riding any motorcycles AL...just stay in the house until a deal is done.

Quote:

I can't help but wonder what AL and his agent are thinking right now? Hopefully the Hawks are keeping them in the loop and they're working together to finalize a s-n-t as we post.

Oh I'm sure they are. It's in the best interests of all parties to work together very closely on this, and in fact it can't happen any other way because they all need to be in complete agreement and sign-off on whatever trade is eventually reached.

• Moderators

Things are going great with Al from the Hawks perspective. The teams have to give us what we want or we can always resign him for a bargain and deal him later.

Some think we got fleeced on the JJ deal but Phx had what we wanted so we had to give a lot. Al's not restricted but he might as well be at this point.

It depends on how much he pushes it. If his kidneys start to fail, he can get azotemic, uremic, and have acid/base imbalances. If he lets that go on, it will kill him.

The kidney could be considered the great mediator in the body. It filters the blood, keeps the acid/base balance correct, has an effect on blood pressure due to renin secretion and aldosterone receptors, maintains water balance, and maintains electrolyte balance. Any failure of the kidney that isn't reversible is life threatening.

Even if he doesn't die on the court, I'd hate to see him in a position where he has to be on dialysis for the rest of his life.