• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Harrington ILive n Studio - 790 @ 4:20 with Stews

BBallPrincess

• Moderators

Quote:

Thanks for the post.

So, its definitely Indiana or Golden State.

Throw all other rumors out the door.

It is definitely them unless it ends up being someone else! laugh.gif

Other than a few cities, I think Harrington would be happy going anywhere that would give him the largest contract. Getting to play with some of his friends would be an extra incentive but if he can get 10M/per to play in NY and 8M/per to play in Ind and BK wants the compensation from NY you know where he is going.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Thanks for the post.

Would've been nice if they'd pursued that question a little further and asked if he knew if there's any substance to additional teams involved in the deal... unfortunately, they only dealt with where AL himself would end up. Obviously, these guys got their jobs for their ability to sound hip, and not on the basis of any sports journalism tendencies. crazy.gif

He said that it was going to be Indy or GS but Billy had to decide what he wanted in return. Just my guess but I don't think Indy or GS can (or will) provide what BK wants in return. I think a 3rd team is going to have to get involved.

I thought it was interesting that Al said that he STILL wanted to be a part of things in the ATL but that BK had obviously decided to go in a different direction. It sounded like he actually thought he was going to come back until BK decided to draft Shelden who he called "his replacement."

His comments regarding Woody were cool. He said that he loved Woody and that Woody was the right coach for this situation. He said that Woody was the kind of guy who you could talk bad about each other's families one minute and then 10 minutes later he would be ready to go to lunch with you.

He said that Diaw was more than just a throw in in the PHO trade and that a lot of teams around the league thought he had talent. He said that Diaw needed to be around people who would pat him on the back, encourage him and let him play his pass-first game (like D'Antoni and Nash). He said he heard that Diaw may be looking at a 5 yr/$55M extension (I read that today as well).

I thought it was a good interview. I'll miss Al. He is being very classy right now in a situation where I am sure he is frustrated as hell. JT didn't handle his situation nearly as well and I still love JT so I certainly have mad respect for Al. I hope he blows up wherever he ends up.

Al also had some nice things to say about our young guys and he wished Shelden luck.

Do you guys remember Lon Krunger? He coached us 2 and a half years and had us moving in the right direction but we fired him and used Stotts to replace him. Me and my dad were so shocked that Lon handled the situation so well we started calling him "Lon the Pure." Al reminds me so much of Lon in his classiness. Lon wouldn't say a bad thing about anybody in the organization. Now Al is doing the same thing. I mean his response to getting screwed over is a absolutely amazing.

Hopefully Al will do some great things on the court and really benefit from this trade.

how is he getting screwed over? Lon Kruger was fired. Al is not getting fired. He is going to a team that he will have agreed upon, to get the biggest payday of his life, and to play on a team that will likely win more. I don't know why you would feel bad. Sure it would be nicer for him if we wanted him more, but we have said nothing but nice things about him, and will put him in a great spot. Unless we refuse to SNT him to a team he likes, there is no reason for him to be upset.

Quote:

I thought it was a good interview. I'll miss Al. He is being very classy right now in a situation where I am sure he is frustrated as hell. JT didn't handle his situation nearly as well and I still love JT so I certainly have mad respect for Al. I hope he blows up wherever he ends up.

At first, I didn't like Al one bit. At the time I would have rather had S-Jax (who is really a great guy, always talked with the fans and still does when he comes back with Indy). But I do have to say, he grew on me. He will never be a "fan-favorite" but I consider him a nice guy.

Quote:

He said that Diaw was more than just a throw in in the PHO trade and that a lot of teams around the league thought he had talent. He said that Diaw needed to be around people who would pat him on the back, encourage him and let him play his pass-first game (like D'Antoni and Nash).

Makes you wonder about the organization then...

Quote:

I think it's a lot easier to handle these situations when you have millions of dollars, and you're guaranteed another job and more millions of dollars. I wish I were the topic of sign-and-trade rumors.

That's very true...but if you have worked as hard as Al has to become a good NBA player I'm sure it would irk you that the likes of Nene get a 6 year 60 million dollar deal up front but you (a better player) your life is hanging on one man's decision and he's drawing it out for as long as he pleases.

And what if Al has a family? The longer this draws out the less time he has to plan for them. Does he try to buy a home near Oakland and move his family out there before school starts? Does he try to do it during the school year? Or does he relocate his family at all?

As good as Al has it, it's not like he won the lottery one day. He's worked very hard for most of what he has...and its human nature to want to be treated accordingly. Especially when you see others in similar situations that may not be as good as you getting treated better than you.

• Moderators

This is the way business works. BK isn't drawing this out. He's protecting his franchise which is his job. Al is our most valuable player as far as trades go and its important we get something for him. Al knows the deal. Nene is more valuable than Al because there aren't as many good players with his size. Al is a great player but there are many at his position.

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for the post.

Would've been nice if they'd pursued that question a little further and asked if he knew if there's any substance to additional teams involved in the deal... unfortunately, they only dealt with where AL himself would end up. Obviously, these guys got their jobs for their ability to sound hip, and not on the basis of any sports journalism tendencies. crazy.gif

I totally agree. I voiced that yesterday over there. They did not interview him correctly, and use it for what it was worth. I just know that Al wanted to get some things out in the air, and he was leaving it open, but they just did not go there....

I appreciate BBallPrincess coming back here with her 'insider' perspective, understand that she can't reveal all she may know, and hope she or Al can say what they know or feel about all this once it is done.

That being said, Al has handled all this great, but BK and the Hawks felt he was not their best choice for Atlanta's future, and if Al and the Princess who supports Al disagree with that then that's fine, but I agree with BK and the Hawks that Al's cheaper younger replacements will do fine and the Hawks money would be better spent elsewhere given the pieces BK has in place.

Quote:

That being said, Al has handled all this great, but BK and the Hawks felt he was not their best choice for Atlanta's future, and if Al and the Princess who supports Al disagree with that then that's fine, but I agree with BK and the Hawks that Al's cheaper younger replacements will do fine and the Hawks money would be better spent elsewhere given the pieces BK has in place.

Exactly!