• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Al on...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Yeah! He talked about liking cali and I could see wanting to play with BDidddy, JRich, and the gang.

However, I think he really wanted to stay. He was almost mad about having to leave. When he first started the interview he said " It looks like they trying to run me outta here".. and the way he said a few other things, I think he really wanted to stay...

• Premium Member

What doesn't BK know now that he didn't know last week about Players X, Y, or Z from IND or GS?

I think BK's holding out for one team or the other to sweeten the pot, and they don't appear to be budging.

From BK's perspective, this deal could be the make-or-break deal of his Atlanta career. And unfortunately for him, expectations are growing, not shrinking, and it's also my guess that after this is over, we're all going to be a little stunned that he didn't get more than what he did... crazy.gif

• Premium Member

I think Al's agent has brokered a deal that BK probably don't like so much or that the courts can't make happen.

Maybe it's that Troy Murphy contract? It's one year too long. Or maybe it's Foster/Tinsley/1st and BK really don't want Tinsley. However, one thing we know is that BK is never moved quickly on any deal.

• Premium Member

BK was brought in originally to rebuild the team as cheaply as possible. That means he had to get rid of all the players with big long contracts. He did that. Then he picked up a bunch of 1 year contracts with the mission of building through the draft... DONE.

This year is the first year that BK has the talent aquired and he has to decide if he will make a cap move or a chemistry move?

By the will of the court and the talent on the team, I think BK has decided to make a cap move...

However, if the deals out there for Al doesn't float BK's boat, I wouldn't be surprise to see us re-sign AL, move Shelden to BU PF, BU C and us play with last years team and Speedy for as long as it takes for Shelden to be ready to fully replace Al?

• Premium Member

Quote:

I wouldn't be surprise to see us re-sign AL

You might not, but sounds like Al himself would be stunned and amazed.

I'm also led to wonder why he's spending so much time in Cali, and if we should take that to mean anything... or maybe not.

Well I hope for everyone's sake something is done in a timely manner. I don't see ATL keeping Harrington, it's tought to try and convince a player to stay after every team knows he's out there on the trading block.

I know from Indy's perspective Al has said he would like to come back even before last season. I doubt he would actually just sign for the MLE and miss his big pay day though.

Of course BK and Donnie Walsh have worked together so they know each other well and that can always help or hurt the process..

Here is what Rich Bucher had to say on Harrington today in his Chat..

Quote:

Josh (Bismarck, North Dakota): Why is Harrington a member any team yet? Is there something holding up the deal or are the Hawks just looking to get as much as they can?

Ric Bucher: (4:29 PM ET ) Atlanta never has been one of the better-run franchises and now they're hamstrung by a lameduck front office. Billy Knight and Co. know they're on the way out, so I don't know how motivated they are. The crux of the matter is that they're moving Al in a sign-and-trade and trying to wheedle the best deal out of either Indy or Golden State. There's no hurry to get something done now because we're in the dog days of summer. Why rush into a deal now when the pressure of the oncoming season might squeeze out something slightly better? Their alleged interest in AI also could be affecting the process, since they don't want to pre-empt their ability to make that happen

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=12331