• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

batista leading scorer & rebounder in venezuela

gheorghe

Esteban Batista was the top scorer and rebounder in the recent south american championship held in caracas venezuela. He was also the leader in FT attempted and made. Uruguay finished second, and Batista put the team in his shoulders, even showing some 3pt range that he didn't have before. I hope he gets more pt this year, but he needs to do it with a real center by his side, not Zaza who is a 4.

Remember Esteban was in the top 10 last year in rebounds per 48 in the NBA. and he is only 22!!!

Guest Walter

I believe like Diaw, Batista is better than Woody thinks and deserves more PT than Woody plays him. Perhaps Woody cannot or does not appreciate the varied skill-sets of foreign players. It's a minor concern, but I hope Batista gets a greater opportunity this year.

W

i agree with walter. to me, woody doesn't seem to be the right coach for this team. international talent should not be ignored anymore, like in the case of diaw.

regarding batista, i am sure he can (and deserves to)play more than he did before, because he is a real beast in terms of physical tools, and improving his game.

management should keep "el toro" in atlanta, he will be better and better.

Gag.

Here we go with more of this Boris Diaw was ignored bull spit.

Maybe Boris would have done something in Atlanta had he put forth a little effort, but instead, he sulked and pouted because the Hawks weren't playing him the way he wanted them to play him. I mean, it must be a tragedy to actually tell someone to shoot the damn basketball when he is open.

Quote:

That's it: He needs to have his own cheering section!

He already does here in DC. I went to the game when the Hawks came here and i was sitting right behind his fan club.

It was so strange to be sitting behind a bunch of people wearing Batista jerseys and screaming for him to get in the game.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Gag.

Here we go with more of this Boris Diaw was ignored bull spit.

Even Al stated just about everyone in the league knew Diaw wasn't just a "throw-in", right? But somehow because KB doesn't like anything questioning the mind of BK, it's "Bull spit". How tiresome.

Quote:

Maybe Boris would have done something in Atlanta had he put forth a little effort, but instead, he sulked and pouted because the Hawks weren't playing him the way he wanted them to play him. I mean, it must be a tragedy to actually tell someone to shoot the damn basketball when he is open.

Rodman didn't shoot the basketball when he was open, but people didn't whine about it 24/7 or tell him how to play (his game of) basketball. Sometimes you have to appreciate what you have and not draw such negative attention to what you don't.

It doesn't take too much to realize that Diaw was a player who fed of first involving his teamates before beginning to "get his" as it were. As he involved his teamates he becomes more aggressive even for himself, eventually almost becomeing a shoot first player in Pheonix.

Even if such a player doesn't "get his", such unselfishness paired with Diaw's high level of talent and athleticism make for a powerful complementary player. With it as shown in Pheonix after, in France before, and beginning with Stotts in Atlanta, Diaw could be a force.

Of course, it's up to the coach to see into his players and get the most out of them. Regardless of how you wish to spin it KB, in this regard Woody cannot be considered a success. Woody is the only variable that changed. Thus, the responsibility must greatly point to Woody. I hope there isn't any blame against Woody regarding Batista but I fear so.

W

my man KB21, i understand what you say, i totally agree with the fact that some players may blossom in certain teams and not so in others. That might be the case with diaw, i was talking about international talent and the way it's used in the NBA.

Batista should be fine in our big man rotation this year. remember the guy held his own against shaq last season, had a double double several times when he played considerable minutes, and averaged 5,4 rebounds per game in the last 10 games of the season

to the proposal of making a "batista's bruisers" fan club, i think it's a great idea. the guy gives his 100 % every time he steps into the court, and that kind of players should be always appreciated, don't you think?

greetings, big gheorghe