• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we get Stephen Jackson we can trade him!!!

Wurider05

What teams do you guys think would want his services and what could we get back for him. I say that we may can work something out with Denver. JR Smith is not a starter in this league. I think that he and Andre MIller salaries are similiar and theu have been in the hunt for a sg.

personally I like Stephen Jackson he was a good Hawk.

doesn't make since to trade Jax for Harrington, just to turn around and trade Harrington back for Jax 2 years later.. If Jax is involved, I bet there is either a 3rd team, or we turn right around and trade him somewhere else.. I am betting we get Foster/Harrison, a 1st, and the trade exception, then with that we bring David Anderson over..

Your later scenario cannot happen. The trade exception cannot be packaged with a player. The only way that exception can be used is if Al signs a deal with a starting salary of $7.5 million, or however much the exception is.

There's been a lot of scenarios mentioned, and not many of them will actually work under the salary cap rules. I'm even guilty of putting a scenario that cannot happen as well, but my scenario wasn't some rumor that someone heard.

Here are some FACTS:

#1 - The trade exception can only be used if Al signs a deal that starts at $7-7.5 million.

#2 - Al can only be traded straight up for Jeff Foster or Stephen Jackson if he signs a deal that is around the $5-7 million range.

#3 - David Harrison's contract is only for a little over $700,000, so there is a lot of salary that will have to be made up to make any deal involving him happen.

#4 - Cash trades for players are limited to $3 million, so it is very questionable that a trade of Al for cash will work.