• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Zone reporting...

Johnnybravo4

Chuck Oliver from 790 just said that the trade will be Al for a first round pick straight up. Not a report but a rumor from his "sources".

He says that the hold up is that Al wants 6/60 million and the Pacers are offering 5/50 million. I am trying to figure out is where is the capspace on Indy's part to do that deal?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Chuck Oliver from 790 just said that the trade will be Al for a first round pick straight up. Not a report but a rumor from his "sources".

He says that the hold up is that Al wants 6/60 million and the Pacers are offering 5/50 million. I am trying to figure out is where is the capspace on Indy's part to do that deal?

Exactly. Obviously this trade doesn't work under the caps. Another baseless rumor by people who can't even make up a realistic one.

790 is last on my list of credible sources, below peter vescey. Sounds like they read the pacer digest thread and are making stuff up.

Anyone know how much a 5 year deal would be worth at most if it starts at 7.5 mil (if that's the trade exemption)?

It is pretty sad when you can't depend on the flagship for information. In fact Chuck may have just been regurgitating the link to realgm that I sent them. They should at least be talking about the rumor? They are currently talking about who would you rather have in the game with 1 minute on the clock Vick or Brady....come the eff on man!

The first year of Al's deal would have to be worth $7.6 million, which is what the TE is worth. I'm not sure that will get Al the deal he wants long term, so I have my doubts.

I will say that getting a first round pick for Al is better than saddling ourselves with any of the contracts Golden State has to offer.

What else was available?

There was never a windfall of talent in free agency to begin with. Speedy Claxton was one of the top free agents on the market and will likely be a bargain for what the Hawks are paying him.

Just because you have money available doesn't mean you should spend it.