• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Zone reporting...

Johnnybravo4

Quote:

What else was available?

There was never a windfall of talent in free agency to begin with. Speedy Claxton was one of the top free agents on the market and will likely be a bargain for what the Hawks are paying him.

Just because you have money available doesn't mean you should spend it.

I am not a GM so I don't know who was truly "available"

But I know that 18 million and or Al Harrington should bring a better return on investment.

I am not 100% sold on the Bulls moves but damnit if they didn't galvanize the fan base. We aren't in the position to make pedestrian moves.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Hawks sign and trade at 7.5 mil, he gets 60.9 mil/6 year, If Pacers sign him outright he gets 45.78 mil/5 years.

This is assuming 6 year max at 12% increase for Hawks and 5 year max with 10% increase for other teams

Hawks Pacers

year 1 7.5 7.5

year 2 8.4 8.25

year 3 9.408 9.075

year 4 10.53696 9.9825

year 5 11.8013952 10.98075

year 6 13.21756262 can't sign

Total 60.86391782 45.78825

Yeah, because that is what we need to get back into the playoffs more young guys that have to learn the game.

That is one way to try and keep your job, just trade every vet u get for a draft pick and use the "youth" excuse for as long as you can.

If this trade is true....BK needs to use some money to get some vet bigs in here!

Even if this trade is true, I can't believe we would be through.

I am keeping hope alive for Magloire.

Quote:

Exactly. Obviously this trade doesn't work under the caps. Another baseless rumor by people who can't even make up a realistic one.

A 6 year deal that starts at $7.5 million with 10% raises totals $58 million. It doesn't matter what their cap situation is because they have the trade exception.

Hawksfanatic has explained trade exceptions at least 30 times on here. We should all understand them by now.

Ok I got an idea. If we are going to save some money for next year FA but still want to pick up some pieces. Why don't we offer Bonzi Wells a 3 year 18 million contract. And Kelvin Cato a 4 year 12 million dollar deal. We'd still be 4-5 million under the cap.

Bonzi could backup JJ and provide some defense and scoring

(you could sustitute Bonzi for Deshawn Stevenson)

And Cato could backup Smoove at the 4 or Zaza at the 5 for defense.

Speedy/Lue/Salim

JJ/Bonzi (Stevenson)

Marvin/Chills

Smoove/Shelden

Zaza/Cato

Not exciting on paper but that is a pretty darn deep team.

Quote:

...A 6 year deal that starts at $7.5 million with 10% raises totals $58 million...

That's not bad money. Let's see...at the salary I'm making now (adding in a promotion here and there and cost-of-living increases) to make that much it will take me until I am...........dust.

Quote:

Quote:

Exactly. Obviously this trade doesn't work under the caps. Another baseless rumor by people who can't even make up a realistic one.

A 6 year deal that starts at $7.5 million with 10% raises totals $58 million. It doesn't matter what their cap situation is because they have the trade exception.

Hawksfanatic has explained trade exceptions at least 30 times on here. We should all understand them by now.

TE is fine. The dollar amount looks OK too now that I have calculated it in excel.

BK, personally, has nothing to gain from this trade. Suns fans are celebrating. Why did we get SW when short term isn't really important? Not getting anything out of Pacers means we'll get a 20ish pick. We leave them strong. Just doesn't add up.

Roster full of what....Ivey can be gone, Edwards certainly needs to be gone...we can keep 15.

Magloire makes sense, he gives us an option, if he makes a difference and we make the playoffs then we resign him, if not, we trade him by the deadline or sign & trade in offseason...he will prolly play well in a contract year.