• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Zone reporting...

Johnnybravo4

Quote:

What's wrong with Wells? He'd be our best perimeter defender by far. Wilcox is going to want starter's money and starters minutes. And I ain't starting Wilcox over Smoove or Marvin.

well he plays the same position as our best player, and the only other position he can play is the one that 3 out of our 4 young players play. Plus he's got a bad attitude. He doesn't fit at all. Unless it's a defensive big, or a better PG than Speedy, we don't need it. Keep the cap space

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not so sure Indiana will be a playoff team. They are going to be in a fight for a playoff spot at this point.

I think the first five teams in the east, in some order, will be Miami, Detroit, New Jersey, Chicago, and Cleveland. Milwaukee and Orlando will both be much improved this season and could be better than the Pacers. Washington will also be in the mix for a playoff spot.

I don't think Indiana will be a high seed if they make it in.

It fits pretty well in my opinion. Let him backup Joe Johnson and serve as our #1 bench player. He could also play the 2 and move JJ to the 3 in some sets. I think we should get another 2 because I don't think that Childress is an adequate backup at the 2, I like him more backing up the 3. Bonzi would also prevent some of the penetration which exposes our weakness in the middle.

I mean it isn't if Wilcox is some defensive stalwart. I am afraid that he is probably a contract year wonder.

Quote:

I'm not so sure Indiana will be a playoff team. They are going to be in a fight for a playoff spot at this point.

I think the first five teams in the east, in some order, will be Miami, Detroit, New Jersey, Chicago, and Cleveland. Milwaukee and Orlando will both be much improved this season and could be better than the Pacers. Washington will also be in the mix for a playoff spot.

I don't think Indiana will be a high seed if they make it in.

Personally I think that with Al Indy is better than Chicago, who is highly overrated.

Heres the deal..If all we can get out of AL is a single(likely at best mid to late 1st round)pick, then we should have made the highly rumored Al for Nene and 2 1st rounders at the deadline last year...Even if we had no intentions of resigning Nene we could have still have SNTed him for another 1st rounder this summer as bigs are always in higher demand than tweener forwards..

Anyway, I am hoping there is more to the deal than a single pick..If not, maybe we do plan to pursue Wilcox, even though Wilcox had pretty much been a dog with the exception of the last half of last season..

Quote:

We need bigs!

You didn't see the Cato part of my post? How many bigs do we need. Currently we have

Shelden

Zaza

Esteban

Edwards

If you add Cato then that is 5. We don't need to go 3 deep at every position.

It is hilarious that everyone is ignoring Zaza as if he doesn't exist. Zaza is our starting center and he will be for the forseeable future. I wouldn't bench him for Magloire, Wilcox or any other allegedly available center.

Quote:

Heres the deal..If all we can get out of AL is a single(likely at best mid to late 1st round)pick, then we should have made the highly rumored Al for Nene and 2 1st rounders at the deadline last year...Even if we had no intentions of resigning Nene we could have still have SNTed him for another 1st rounder this summer as bigs are always in higher demand than tweener forwards..

Exactly. BK would rather sign him than give him up so cheaply. He would look bad.

Edwards does not belong in the NBA, quantity does not mean quality.

We need a vet big that can play.

I like ZZ, think he is a steal..but we need another vet big to pair with ZZ, Esteban and Shelden are not ready to play a lot of minutes on a playoff team.

Concerning Nene and 2 picksk let me remind you what Sekou said yesterday:

By Sekou Smith

July 20, 2006 10:07 PM | Link to this

That’s the problem with these deals, something that’s talked about isn’t necessarily something you “could have had.” All sorts of deals are discussed and only a very few ever get to the stage of being on the table. And even fewer of those ever actually get done. It’s frustrating for sure, deals that make sense to all of us in theory that never come to fruition. But that’s why rumoring about these things is such perverse fun.

Quote:

...I like ZZ, think he is a steal..but we need another vet big to pair with ZZ, Esteban and Shelden are not ready to play a lot of minutes on a playoff team.

I have no dislike for ZZ either, but the thing that always comes up when discussing him is that he is a "steal" salary-wise. I don't see the value if your "steal" can't play adequate interior defense against front line starting nba centers. ZZ should be a VERY nice backup...or at a minimum be sharing a lot of minutes with a more defensively oriented 5. Not to toally blast ZZ, but just because you pay a below average starter a low wage doesn't improve your team. (IMO)