Johnnybravo4

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

I am trying to figure out is where is the capspace on Indy's part to do that deal?

That is where the TE comes in.

how is a TE gonna help us when we're under the cap and we just traded our only AI chip?

that's the only reason you'd want that exception.

You missed the point. He didn't understand how the deal is mathematically possible. It is possible because they have the TE.

I am not saying it is a good deal but it is possible for Indy to get Al and give us only a draft pick since they have the TE.

Quote:

You missed the point. He didn't understand how the deal is mathematically possible. It is possible because they have the TE.

I am not saying it is a good deal but it is possible for Indy to get Al and give us only a draft pick since they have the TE.

if Billy trades Al for a first rounder that's lotto protected he'll be getting played.

2 years in a row.

i'm starting to warm up to Billy Knight. i hope he holds out for a better deal. however that being said i'm not sure where that deal is. taking on troy murphy or foyle from GS would be disasterous.

i guess we'll have to pull a KayBee and blindly follow Billy on this one.

• Premium Member

The percentages changed.

It's no longer 12.5%.

But in a SNT it's 10% of the first year salary which in this case would be .75 over 6 years = 4.5 million.

If Indy were to sign him outright the raises would be 7.5%.

Bottom line, to get to 60 million, 1 player would have to be added.

• Premium Member

Correction, that's 10.5% for your own free agents and 8% for others.

ALso, these raises are not compounded yearly but based on the first year salary...

so...

7.5 million equates to a 6 year 49.5 million dollar deal. Al would need at least 9 million dollars starting to get him into the range of 60 million. Click

Quote:

47. Are raises compounded? In other words, is each raise a percentage of the previous year's salary?

No. For a normal contract, the raise is limited to a percentage of the first year salary. So if a team signs another team's free agent (8% maximum raises) to a five year contract starting at $10 million, the maximum raise is $800,000 each year. This player's five-year salary would be:

I wouldn't mind a 1st rounder actually. It's probably better than getting a bum like Anthony Johnson and Foster isn't that great either. Not to mention we have that much more money so we can keep the core of this team together and add a big name in a deeper FA class next year.

Oh and for all those b*tching about us not having a draft pick next year, well we could have one. So what if it's in the 20s. It could at least be fun rooting against Indy all year to improve the pick.